Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody had any experience of fitting Wilwood style competion brakes on a 105. My rears are getting a bit sticky and as I intend hillclimbing the car I might as well uprate them to something modern - yes I will do the fronts as well.

·
Registered
17,177 Posts
Oldboyracer said:
Anybody had any experience of fitting Wilwood style competion brakes on a 105. My rears are getting a bit sticky and as I intend hillclimbing the car I might as well uprate them to something modern - yes I will do the fronts as well.
Montreal 4 pots will fit the fronts, and Alfaholics are just bringing out a pretty serious 4 pot conversion with vented disks as well.
My rear calipers were sticking but a local mechanic blew the old pistons out, cleaned everything up and rebuilt the standard calipers for me.
Upgraded disks and pads are also available for the standard setup. I can't believe you need much more than that for hillclimbing, especially if you can shed some weight from the car before you start.
If you have the old small ATE setup, you can fit alloy Brembo 2 pot calipers off the 75 which have the added benefit of being light compared to the later big ATEs.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts