Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've got myself a second hand 1750 gtv engine and 5 speed gearbox.

i was going to strip it rebuild and port the head etc - but have changed my mind in investing the time and money into a twin spark out of a 75.

the engine appears to be in good health - can turn it over etc but has stood for some time.

Anyone know how much its likely to be worth? its got a good sump on it and looks as if theres plenty of meat left in the head (ie not skimmed to death!)

·
Registered
1750 GTV, 2000 GTV, Stelvio Milano 280
5,235 Posts
The problem you have is that nobody really knows the condition when buying, though in fairness with new liners and Pistons it's likely to be fine.

They seem to be advertised at £50 to £100 as buy it now on Ebay, gearbox maybe £50.00 too.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cheers for that - thats what i was thinking to be honest.

i might keep the gearbox as i'll need one for a twin spark anyhow and think its best to recondition one opposed to mate it up to an original box to watch it loose 2nd!

I havent found a suitable donor car yet but thought i'd start on the easy bits first ;)

i need to sell my rally car first to make space as well!

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cheers fella - much appreciated

rally car is this Vauxhall : chevette hsr replica rally car

basically a DTV works spec shell with cheaper more reliable clubmans single ohc engine and running gear

unfortunately up for sale :( as i dont have time due to my little daughter taking up all my spare time! just needs stetting up on the new aldon dizzy and its ready to rally! bought as a toy a couple of years ago to do drift days at oulton park (only live 20 mins away) but never got it ready before the new arrival! hence the thought of a 4 seat 105 gtv with baby seat for tootling along country lanes in summer.... with a TS on injection just for Daddy only days ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts