Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
12,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else going this year????

So far I know Mymatemarmite(Sparky) and Bonkinbob(Dave) are going, anyone else fancy a meet there.........:thumbs:

M

·
0 Posts
It's quite close now:D

Interestingly (or not) the scale of excitement over the motorsport events that I have/am attending this year follows their date order too:lol:

Always enjoy the 1000Km......knocks the British Grand Prix flat on the floor:D

M

·
0 Posts
Just one week to go now............getting pretty excited already:lol:

I'll be up at 3, out of the door by 4, and should be in the circuit for 8.30 (after a stop at 7 for Little Chef brekkie) so as to make the most of the day.

I'm going with my brother again, and no doubt we'll grab a beer when the bars open, then find a good vantage point in the pit straight grandstand for the start.

The plan will be to walk the circuit again....and that's the great thing about a 6 hour long race, you can walk around without the worry that you are wasting time.

Hoping to get some good pictures from a variety of viewing points!

It'd be rude to not partake of a cheeky Pimms with lunch too:p

Bring on next Sunday....and my 15th trip to sunny Silverstone:thumbs::D:thumbs:

·
Registered
12,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Weather forecast is good for the weekend....possible showers late Sunday afternoon.......

M

·
0 Posts
Cheers for the weather update Stu:)

I'll be keeping an eye on the met office site over this next week.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Looking forward to this. It'll be my first taste of Le Mans so hopefully a nice new experience. And it's my birthday in the Saturday too so what a way to celebrate!

·
Registered
12,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hope you all have a great weekend.......I will only be there Friday and Saturday as I will be at the BSB event at Donington Park on Sunday..........:)

M

·
0 Posts
Looking forward to this. It'll be my first taste of Le Mans so hopefully a nice new experience. And it's my birthday in the Saturday too so what a way to celebrate!
Sportscars are my first love.....if you've been to an F1 race before, well, this event blows that out of the water:thumbs:

Hope you all have a great weekend.......I will only be there Friday and Saturday as I will be at the BSB event at Donington Park on Sunday..........:)
Stu man.....you're going to miss the main event:(
At least you can enjoy practise and qualifying though:thumbs:

·
Registered
12,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Stu man.....you're going to miss the main event:(
At least you can enjoy practise and qualifying though:thumbs:
One of those weekends when I have to make a choice between 2 events.....agree with you that Sports cars are better than F1......but sometimes the qualifyng can be as exciting as a race.......:thumbs:

M

·
0 Posts
Well, I guess watching 220 mph prototypes one day, and 160 (maybe more?) mph bikes the next isn't so bad:cool:

·
Registered
12,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, I guess watching 220 mph prototypes one day, and 160 (maybe more?) mph bikes the next isn't so bad:cool:
Superbikes do close on 200mph and Donington is my favourite track for bikes.........:thumbs:

Not a bad weekend is it.......:cool:

M

·
0 Posts
Superbikes do close on 200mph and Donington is my favourite track for bikes.........:thumbs:

Not a bad weekend is it.......:cool:
That's damned fast on two wheels:eek:

I've been to Donnington for a few work new model launches, but I've only been to watch racing there once. 1991......yup, the sports prototype round:lol: I've still got some blurry pictures of the Peugeot 905's sprinting away from the start:cool:

That was when I met David Piper. My sister's BF at the time worked for David as a mechanic.

It's my small, but proud, claim to fame:D

M

·
0 Posts
Just read that Aston Martin are running last year's Lola coupe as the open cockpit car of this year is too uncompetative.

M

·
0 Posts
Mmmm....tis looking dodgy. Hey ho, looks like the covered grandstands are going to be busy:lol:

However, Saturday and Monday aren't looking too bad, so if there is a slight shift then Sunday may be alright.

I would actually quite like to get some 'rooster tail' shots though.

·
Registered
12,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That's the spirit.....wet races can be just as exciting, you just need a brain remap, I allways think it is more a test of the driver as well........:thumbs:

While you are undercover spare a thought for me digging bikes and riders out of Craner Curves :eek: cos the forecast for Donington is no better........

M

·
0 Posts
That's the spirit.....wet races can be just as exciting, you just need a brain remap, I allways think it is more a test of the driver as well........:thumbs:

While you are undercover spare a thought for me digging bikes and riders out of Craner Curves :eek: cos the forecast for Donington is no better........
Could very well be a busy afternoon for you and your crew Stu!

·
Registered
12,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Oh yes......it's the start of the final showdown....top 6 going for glory and a wet track isn't going to slow them down much, maybe 10mph.....
When its wet at Craner, bikes and riders can end up 200+yds from a crash, so we can be chasing one and another chasing us.......it can be a war zone ........

·
Registered
12,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It is on Eurosport 2, Sunday 11th from 12.30-18.00.........2 Superbike races, 1 Supersport 600, 1 Supersport 1000, Harley 1200's and 125's............I will be one of those blurs of orange dodging 150mph, 160kg missiles....oh and the sliding riders....:)

1 - 20 of 69 Posts