Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Been out for a run to the coast this morning ( about 20 mile round trip ) all good with the car. Gets home car stands for about an hour or so, when I go to try and start it up I get warning lights all over, hill holder fault, have engine checked also petrol gauge shows empty with light flashing and car feels like it wont rev?

Any ideas where to look 1st??

Graham

·
Registered
27 Posts
Try checking the battery voltage as, if its not putting out the correct voltage the cars show all sorts of warnings etc. My 156 did the same type of thing and I changed the battery. Guess what, within 100 miles of fitting battery, all Engine management lights went off as quick as they came on. Common issue apparently. Its also the cheapest fix if it is that. Good luck

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info, ive started the car a few times now and all is normal, although the " have engine checked" warning is still displayed.

The car feel totally fine now, as before it wouldn't even rev......strange

·
Registered
361 Posts
exacty same scenario happened to me twice. first time it was injector wiring 1, and second time it was injector wiring 4...

first time i got the answer from the forum, and second time i was able to diagnose it my self since it was the exactly same

get them checked out by an auto elec

1 - 6 of 6 Posts