Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The only niggles so far: an electric seat tilt motor broke down early on (swiftly fixed by Desira Norwich), creaking leather (particularly where the seat belt catch rubs against it, bizarrely), a rattle from somewhere in the door area and the exhaust thumps the chassis over bumpy roads (we have a lot of those around here...).

Apart from that, she has been a joy and I love her!

·
Registered
349 Posts
i've only done 2000 miles in 4 months of ownership but i'll be piling on some miles in about 5 mins cause i'm off to scotland for weekend..first real trip in her..can't wait...no problems at all so far..you keep on enjoying the car

·
Registered
349 Posts
well she prefers motorway driving..i've just come back back from ayrshire which is a 500 mile round trip where she averaged 33mpg..around town though expect it to drop to less then 25mpg...i don't care though cause she is beautiful and by far the best car i have ever owned :D

·
Registered
821 Posts
And how are your front tyres for wear alfaman155? I'm curious as others have reported the Brera's having premature tyre wear requiring replacment at your kind of mileage, particulaly in the fronts. :confused:

I'm only up to just over 3k miles in mine so its too early to tell but so far they seem fine on mine.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I've done c 7000 trouble free miles. 2.2 doing about 30 on motorways - if keep more or less to speed limit. On a trip to newcastle pushing it whereever i could it did about 27 overall average including gettnig grid locked in city and held up on motorways a few times. About 23-25 about and around town. Overall avaregae 27/28.

·
Registered
24 Posts
And how are your front tyres for wear alfaman155? I'm curious as others have reported the Brera's having premature tyre wear requiring replacment at your kind of mileage, particulaly in the fronts. :confused:

I'm only up to just over 3k miles in mine so its too early to tell but so far they seem fine on mine.
I've done almost 14k miles in my 2.4 Brera and I've now swapped the front ones with the back. There's probably only about 1 mm left before I'm at the legal markers on the original front tyres. Do you think the extra weight of the diesel lump will contribute to excessive tyre wear?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Coming up on 6000 miles in my 2.2. Averaging 24mpg since I started but I do tend to enjoy myself when out and about. I also have an annoying squeek which seems to be present when interior is cold and comes somewhere near or from the small holdall between the rear seats. It stops when not on bumpy roads or when the interior gets warmer. I might check that it is not actually comming from the seatbelt like you mentioned.

Still loving every minute and still have not passed another Brera on the road. :cool:

·
Registered
821 Posts
After about 4000 miles in my 2.2sv, it is averaging about 27 mpg overall, although a fast 250 mile round trip averaged only 21mpg. At 110 mph (naughty) in cruise the average readout was 13.6!
Cruise control is doubly fuel inefficient because it will try to maintain the speed exactly, even when on a declination, by gently applying the brakes. So it both reduces momentum (reducing mpg) and increases the wear on the brakes and tyres too. :eek:

Best to avoid on anything but long, level roads!

:tut:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Cruise control is doubly fuel inefficient because it will try to maintain the speed exactly, even when on a declination, by gently applying the brakes. So it both reduces momentum (reducing mpg) and increases the wear on the brakes and tyres too. :eek:

Best to avoid on anything but long, level roads!

:tut:
That's what's good about forums, lots of good advice. Very good point about the cruise, just being lazy, although the 110 was on a flat empty motorway. What mpg do you get out of the 3.2?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.