Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my new GT JTD last Saturday.

Had 400 miles in her and love it so far.

Just a couple of niggles:
Wind noise on the drivers side is instrusive even at around 60mph and secondly, a strange rattle coming from either the dashboard on the passenger side or maybe the pass side wiper?? (Sounds crazy I know)

Anyone else had this?

Minor issues compared with the overall experince though.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Yeah I have currently got intrusive wind noise since having my driver and passenger windows replaced. Think they may be out of alignment.

Nothing is crazy about Alfa's rattling, I've had a few including your one!
Best to take it to the dealer to get sorted when you get a chance... I would guess its coming from inside the dash..

Good luck with it

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
The wind noise is often cause by the fact that the windows haven't wound up properly and not formed a proper seal with the rubber. Next time you're at speed, try putting the window down slightly then up again and seeing if it cures it.

The rattle may well be the vent strip that runs the length of the dash. Mine rattles all the time. It stops in warm weather when the plastic expands slightly, but at the moment there's not much chance of that! If you can't live with it (I had it on a 147 for years and just grew used to it) then take it to the dealer and they should be able to do something.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I have wind noise coming from the passenger door on mine.It started after the door panel was removed for some paintwork and seems to be coming from the inner mirror housing cover. I am guessing that some of the insulation has not been put back right inside the door and is allowing air to get up to that part:(

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
My Wind noise is fairly intermittent, seems to be noticeably worse after a few beers and a curry. I Wish the dealers would sort it out though !

·
Registered
7,218 Posts
I only get a little bit of wind noise from the passenger side, but nothing that bothers me.

Glad to hear you're enjoying your GT dtm :)

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks all for your help.

Will let the dealer have a look shortly and yes Mikey I have the same problem. Giot a feeling it will recur later this evening!

Cheers all:inlove:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Mine had the drivers door wind noise as well and was fixed (at the second attempt:rolleyes: ) by replacing the seals - or so they said.
Just make sure that once they've adjusted/replaced the fit that the window still works smoothly as this appears to be the cause of my latest window related problem.

·
Registered
677 Posts
mikeyw said:
My Wind noise is fairly intermittent, seems to be noticeably worse after a few beers and a curry. I Wish the dealers would sort it out though !
:cheese: classic!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hi there,

I had the same problem with the vent strip noise. Heat / temperature changes made it worse. The dealer used some form of glue / sealant too fix it. Silent running....

Good luck!

·
AO Silver Member, 155 Lounge Winner 09
7,713 Posts
another possible cause i've read about is the mirror attachment to the door. sometimes it is not seated properly (either from the factory or especially after being removed/reinstalled), so check this and compare with the other side. you may need to loosen things off and reset it 'square'.

:)

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have wind noise coming from the passenger door on mine.It started after the door panel was removed for some paintwork and seems to be coming from the inner mirror housing cover. I am guessing that some of the insulation has not been put back right inside the door and is allowing air to get up to that part:(
take the mirror housing cover off ( just pull out )
place the rubber on its place
put the cover back and the noise should disappear

good luck

1 - 12 of 12 Posts