Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guy i was putting the head cover back on and i realised i was missing one washer for the head bolts
iv tried all the local places to see if they can order me one in after 4 weeks of stuffing me around they said they cant which is bull

does anyone know if the 33 1.5ti 1985 head cover washer fits the 1.7ie 1988
hope to here replies as this is driving me mad

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Really, any washer the same size will do. Any decent hardware or fastener supplier should be able to help. The correct ones may have serrations on the underside but probably not that critical.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey sprint veloce thanks for the reply yeh iv tried about 5 places none of them have em they have to get made and to order them you have to order over 150 dollars might try bunning tho
do u reckon the 1.5 washer will go fine on the 1.7

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
I think(???) he's talking about the cam cover? But if it's the very thin washer under the head bolts then I think they're the same for all.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I think(???) he's talking about the cam cover? But if it's the very thin washer under the head bolts then I think they're the same for all.
Might he mean gaskets?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
no guys its the thin washer under the heads bolts
hopefully the 1.5 and 1.5 thin washer are the same i think they would be never checked

·
Registered
163 Posts
no guys its the thin washer under the heads bolts
hopefully the 1.5 and 1.5 thin washer are the same i think they would be never checked
Ok, I replaced mine with new standard type washerrs from my local fixings supplier, dirt cheap.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts