Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can any one help?

I've been getting problems with the EGR on a 05 plate 1.9JTD GT. The original code was P0401 so I've replaced the valve with a recon one from Fiat. I reset the code and everything was OK for a short time. But the Engine management light came on so I checked the code and this time its P0404 EGR malfunction???. The economy is also crap (36-37MPG with steady driving).

Can anyone help??

Rich

·
Registered
656 Posts
Can any one help?

I've been getting problems with the EGR on a 05 plate 1.9JTD GT. The original code was P0401 so I've replaced the valve with a recon one from Fiat. I reset the code and everything was OK for a short time. But the Engine management light came on so I checked the code and this time its P0404 EGR malfunction???. The economy is also crap (36-37MPG with steady driving).

Can anyone help??

Rich
TRy cleaning the electrical terminals

·
Registered
656 Posts
The engine light will not reset straightaway but a few starts should do it, assuming there are no errors with the unit

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Alid1,

Thanks, I've taken off the terminal at the back of the EGR and made sure it has replaced correctly.
This has seemed to the trick - I've reset the engine management and it looks like its OK
Fingers crossed....
Cheers

Rich

·
Registered
656 Posts
Alid1,

Thanks, I've taken off the terminal at the back of the EGR and made sure it has replaced correctly.
This has seemed to the trick - I've reset the engine management and it looks like its OK
Fingers crossed....
Cheers

Rich
NIce one:thumbs:

Hope it stays like that for you

1 - 7 of 7 Posts