Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to be servicing my car in the next few weeks and want to know, what is the best oil for my car? (1.9jtd 8v - 156)

I had a wee search but cant find much on it :(

Dunno if it makes a difference but I usually just drive about town and give it some spirited driving when going out of town to a mates or something.

Got a big drive from Aberdeen - Amsterdam - Bruges - Paris - Aberdeen at the end of Feb so want the car in tip top condition for then! (cambelt and water pump is being changed next week)

·
Registered
656 Posts
i am going to be servicing my car in the next few weeks and want to know, what is the best oil for my car? (1.9jtd 8v - 156)

i had a wee search but cant find much on it :(

dunno if it makes a difference but i usually just drive about town and give it some spirited driving when going out of town to a mates or something.

Got a big drive from aberdeen - amsterdam - bruges - paris - aberdeen at the end of feb so want the car in tip top condition for then! (cambelt and water pump is being changed next week)
5w40

·
Registered
30,246 Posts
When they do the cambelt, make sure they also check the valve clearances.
The 8v/10v JTD are not hydraulic, so need checking and adjusting.

and a 5W40 synthetic is the correct spec oil for the JTD.

·
Registered
6 Posts
hi mate got the same myself 156 1.9jtd 8v i do about 10-12k a year got about 80k on mine now all hard driven miles i change my oil about every 8k and always use the 10/40 semi synethic selenia as recommened in the handbook and never had any engine trouble whatsoever touch wood, its a 2003 model, i've considered using 5/40 but at the end of the day i reckon my car aint new enough for it and it was designed for 10/40 so best stick to that i think.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts