Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
So whilst getting on to the dual carriage way, I noticed my clutch was slipping. Only very slightly (200rpm?), but I think I'll nip it in the bud before it gets any worse to avoid damaging the flywheel etc.
Question is: my mechanic has quoted me around £1150 for a genuine clutch (labour at £270 inc) so would it be worth buying one from autolusso? At that price they have (£160ish), is it worth it? Anyone have any experience? My mechanic is happy to fit it if I source the part.
Thanks.

James

·
Vendor
7,045 Posts
Hi all
So whilst getting on to the dual carriage way, I noticed my clutch was slipping. Only very slightly (200rpm?), but I think I'll nip it in the bud before it gets any worse to avoid damaging the flywheel etc.
Question is: my mechanic has quoted me around £1150 for a genuine clutch (labour at £270 inc) so would it be worth buying one from autolusso? At that price they have (£160ish), is it worth it? Anyone have any experience? My mechanic is happy to fit it if I source the part.
Thanks.

James
The original OEM clutch is a Valeo which is what we sell, only difference is the box it comes in

We do clutch kit supplied and fitted for £495 inc VAT

Ned

·
Premium Member
2,043 Posts
£1150 sounds a little rich for a clutch replacement unless that price includes replacing the flywheel too. The last clutch/flywheel replacement on my 147 Q2 [65k at the time] cost £900 all in at MVC in Manchester. I think Autolusso charge £500 including labour to replace the clutch so you might want to source the parts yourself and save a few quid.

How many miles has your GT got on the clock? It might be due a flywheel and TBH you should be able to have both replaced for less than the quote you have there. :thumbs:

·
Premium Member
2,043 Posts
Hi all
Thanks.

James
The original OEM clutch is a Valeo which is what we sell, only difference is the box it comes in

We do clutch kit supplied and fitted for £495 inc VAT

Ned
You beat me to it Ned. :thumbs:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Didn't remember you guys had a profile on here! £495 sounds tempting, although I'm all the way down in Devon, and the closest workshop you have I believe is Bournemouth, so I might have to get it and ask my mechanic to fit it. He said he only uses 2 suppliers that I've never heard of, so their prices might be way high for some reason.

On an unrelated topic: do you guys do apprenticeships?

·
Vendor
7,045 Posts
Didn't remember you guys had a profile on here! £495 sounds tempting, although I'm all the way down in Devon, and the closest workshop you have I believe is Bournemouth, so I might have to get it and ask my mechanic to fit it. He said he only uses 2 suppliers that I've never heard of, so their prices might be way high for some reason.

On an unrelated topic: do you guys do apprenticeships?
Yes we do have apprenticeships

Always look to employ technicians at apprenticeship level and get them qualified to IMI level 3 and on that was you can assure quality

Ned

1 - 8 of 8 Posts