Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody done this? Any good? As good as it is for the2.4?
I want a 2.4 but can't seem to find the right one. And the 1.9's are more readily available and cheaper.

Opinions please :)

·
Registered
29,280 Posts
yep, generally accepted that the best in the business are gus at alfatune in st helens, and adie at AHM in hampshire - they developed the map between them. gus did mine, and it's awesome :thumbs:

·
Premium Member
1,848 Posts
Im another 1.9 owner with dpf /egr removal. So glad i had it done as it transforms the car. I Went for the more expensive but more reliable alfatuner option ;-)

·
Registered
29,280 Posts
So what gains in mpg and bhp have you got on the 1.9?

bhp up from 150 to approx 200, torque up from 236 ft/lb to over 300

economy-wise i'd say it's marginal - maybe an extra 1 to 2mpg due to the car not doing wasteful dpf regens any more

driveability is also much better - it's not all about the peak power & torque figures, it's also about the delivery :thumbs:

don't forget reliability too - components might wear a little quicker due to the extra load on them (clutch, driveshafts etc), but that is more than offset by the fact that you'll never have to worry about clogged dpf's or jammed egr valves, both of which seem to be pretty much inevitable the longer you own your car as standard...

·
Registered
84 Posts
1.9JtdM Vs 2.4Jtdm clutch.

Hi I have just done some research and the 1.9 Jtdm clutch (150) BHP (and all other models) is 240mm Diameter and has a 21 splines in the centre. The 2.4 Jtdm is alo a 240mm Clutch but has 23 splines in the centre so it would seem that the 1.9 Clutch will be fine at a 185Bhp, since the 2.4 has 200 -210 Bhp as atandard.

Diameter is usually a good measure, Although cant find spring tensions from the Internet.

I would not worry the 2.2 petrol uses a 228mm clutch Less tourque but more BHP.

Mark Flintshire.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Also no worries with the 1.9 Qtronic i think - it's the same box as in the 2.4 and is rated to 325 lb/ft of torque (more than the 2.4 manual box)

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have never seen any reputable tuner claiming over 200Bhp from a re-map on a 1.9 Jtdm engine even with an exhaust and filter kit ?
who did the work ?

Mark C

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
AHM i believe - I think the gain is possible on the 159 as I seem to remember Adie of AHM posting that when he's dyno'd standard 159 1.9 jtdm's they all came in at 160-165 bhp

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Would you be worried about the 2.4 then?
not really sure, i will be getting a qtronic soon, just not sure which engine to go for as will be getting the AHM treatment. the mapped 1.9 will be quick enough, I just like the smoothness of the 2.4 a lot more - but the 1.9 has to be more reliable in the long term I think...

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Best thing ive have done to the car....

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I just need the car then I'll get the mod done..

Anybody sick of the site of their red/tan ti?? ....

No body?? ... wonder why

1 - 16 of 16 Posts