Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, usually mt temp gauge read 90 all the time but yesterday I noticed it had got to 120 in traffic, I changed lanes and it dropped back to normal in about 5 seconds when i drove off. Today it reached 130 but not in traffic, the warning came up on the dash to stop and turn off, which i did. I waited about 10 seconds and started it again, it went back up to 130, and then back to 90 in about 5 seconds when I drove off, weird eh. It was OK for about 3 miles and then went back to 130 again and the cooling fan came on. Im not really sure whats going on, dodgy connection, or sender or mabbe water pump is on its way out and its not cooling too effieciently. Anyone had similar..? Cheers

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Have you checked for a coolant leak.
When it says to stop and turn off your it means for you let it cool down not go again 10 seconds later.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi I realise that, but my point is that the engine can't loose 40 degrees in 10 seconds, theres no sign of it actually being 130 apart from the gauge and fan working, if the temp was at 130 I'm sure I'd be able to hear the water bubbling or something.

·
Registered
4,751 Posts
The point is you should still be checking the obvious! There may be an airlock, which could explain the jumps, either way best to rule out low coolant.
When was your Cambelt last changed, and did they do he water pump at e same time?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
+1

1 - 8 of 8 Posts