Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been trying to source a replacement crankshaft pulley for my 1.9 jtdm. I've tried euro car parts and now ebay and they're both different. My original one has a recessed centre whereas the new one has a solid centre.

I think the original bolts won't be long enough. Should I just fit it with longer bolts?

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looking at the link those bolts are only 26mm long so they must be for the early pulley I think. I might pop up to my local scrappy tomorrow. The vectra I got the parts off may yield the necessary bolts.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Was at the scrap yard this afternoon and found a Saab with the 1.9 engine and new style pulley. Got the bolts off it which are definitely longer than mine.

Not had chance to fit it yet but hopefully that'll be the problem sorted.....

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well it fits fine with the longer bolts. Just a shame the suppliers don't include replacement bolts that would make the job easier?

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Might just be psychological but since fitting my new crank pulley I don't seem to have the judder under load at low revs that I thought may be driveshaft wear?

·
Registered
4,111 Posts
That's interesting. I replaced a driveshaft...which was worn with a split gaiter.....and although much better I still have that slight judder just off idle....might have a closer look at my pulley too. Its 2.0 but I think its much the same design.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts