Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
So been looking through the elearn and how to's on here and as usual I am confused.
I can see how you lock off the crank with the tool.
What I cant find is a description of setting the cam . is it purely the lock pins in the right place or is there more to it?
I know some may say its obvious but elearn goes on obout the the crank and tensioner but seems to fail to mention the camshaft marks or pin placement ? It explains quite clearly about the fuel pump bolts and fixing them but not the cam at all ?
What am I missing????

·
Registered
701 Posts
Its just the cam-pin lock. When it lock there your crank-lockingtool should also be possible to mount. Fuel pump isnt timed on modern diesels

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
You only need to use the one pin in the exhaust cam which is at the front of the engine if you only changing the belt on a good engine, the inlet cam is gear driven internally from it and will be correctly timed to the exhaust unless the belt has snapped when they can move slightly.
And as above the pump is just a pressure pump so isn't timed.

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys , got so used to twin and quad cam petrols it just seemed a little to straight forward and had to check :thumbu p:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts