Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
33,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've averaged just 38mpg over the last 12 fuel ups.

*Edit* - Apart from Daytona. :lol:

·
Registered
860 Posts
hi dude is that town driving only if it is thats about right.I do a 20 mile each way commute and a small amount town driving and I am getting about 42 MPG

·
Registered
33,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hi dude is that town driving only if it is thats about right.I do a 20 mile each way commute and a small amount town driving and I am getting about 42 MPG
Probably about 50/50.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Geez my 2004 remapped JTD was getting minimum 44, and that was fast countryroad driving motorway and slow traffic. Never saw av 38? maybe its all that posh heavy leather interior your lugging around?:lol:
Seriously dump the spare wheel it takes some of the unnecessary weight out of the car and get a can of tyre foam.
Damien.

·
Registered
228 Posts
My trip comp was saying 38mpg here also.
I don't reset it, however since rolling over 10,000 miles it reset itself. Now 36mpg so far

That Fuelly thing in your sig looks interesting. I was doing something similar with Excel. I've got 12 months of receipts to work out.

·
Vendor
45,831 Posts
Do you always fill up at the same fuel station?

·
Registered
13,685 Posts
My trip is currently showing 41mpg. I think like most it is probably a bit optimistic. Mixed driving.

·
Registered
822 Posts
So much for the 20V being more thirsty :) I'm getting a regular 38 mpg out of mine for mostly town driving. Trip computer claims 50 mpg though..........

Keith

G

·
0 Posts
39.6 mainly town driving and a couple of 30 mile trips on A roads each week

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm averaging 34.5 converted from 8.2 ltrs/100km. in mine here in Portugal.

50% town 50% m'way plus aircon on permanently.

M'way speeds are always around 160kph + unless local policia are driving around in their Mitsubishi Charisma's and slowing me down.

·
Registered
33,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Now here's a thing, my 156 Ti on 17s measured the journey from home to work as exactly 30 miles, The GT on 18s measures it at exactly 29 miles. Therefore the car thinks it's doing 3% less miles than it actually is.

·
Vendor
45,831 Posts
Try some injector cleaner, it might help. Also cleaning the MAP sensor on the back of the plenum may help too.

·
Vendor
45,831 Posts
Now here's a thing, my 156 Ti on 17s measured the journey from home to work as exactly 30 miles, The GT on 18s measures it at exactly 29 miles. Therefore the car thinks it's doing 3% less miles than it actually is.
That makes 39.1mpg instead of 38.

·
Registered
33,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thats pretty good. I get 32MPG from my 1.9 16v jtdm 147. Thirsty engine for a diesel.
39.6 mainly town driving and a couple of 30 mile trips on A roads each week
I get 43 avg, doing 20 mile round trip, 16 miles of 55 - 70 mph and 4 miles of stop/start traffic.
Are the figures taken from the trip computer or calculated accurately?

1 - 20 of 55 Posts