Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
almost there on my 156sw snapped cambelt repair (had to buy a GT while i fixed it :thumbup:) and am struggling with the bottom pulley! i have removed the four bolts but cant seem to get it to shift.
does anyone have any tips or am i being a doughnut.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Ideally you need a suitable puller to release the pulley but if you don't have access to one then I would use a screwdriver or similar to prise the pulley away

Tap the pulley face all round as well to shock it
They can be tight if they have never been removed but with perserverence I am sure you will get it off
HTH

·
Registered
121 Posts
I had a similar problem on mine as the corrosion seems to 'weld' the pulley to the shaft. Get some penetrating fluid in there, tap the face all round and then get a pry bar or big screwdriver and lever it off! Remember and clean and grease the bore when you have it off and it'll come off a lot easier next time...

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
got the pulley off. gave it a tap round the face and a tap sideways while putting some pressure on it from behind with a lever.
came off very easily. i thought that there would be more of it an the crankshaft but it is only about 8 mm. i will know for when i change the belt on my GT once this one is fixed. :thumbup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts