Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all, ordered the last parts for my project. Not going to do anymore to it as I think I've reached the limit interms of value for money.

• Big free flowing Airfilter
  • Decat from JS-Tuning
  • Water Injection (60cc or 120cc jets, still have to experiment) 4psi boost switched, 100psi pump.
  • Tuning Box, bespoke (10% overfuel on full throttle)

What I want to ask is, what power output range can I expect from these modifications..? the tuning box works great and is really noticable.. the decat and water injection are new and not fitted yet and want to know what to expect..

Thanks

stefz

·
Registered
586 Posts
Hi Stefz,

Could you give more info on tuning box mate please? What noticable differences, fueling, torque etc

Thanks

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I designed my own project to do this, it piggy backs the fuel pressure sensor signal, and substitutes the signal and makes it 1/10 less and so causes 1/10th over fueling, but I've also piggybacked the TPS signal, so that it only overfuels on over 90% full throttle.. or what ever you want really.. equally you can make it run underfuelled too.

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
Paulies
IMHO I would go for a good rolling road remap.

T

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Yea, I would like to very much, and disable to EGR at the same time..whiich throws errors all the time on mine.

Does a remap alter the accuracy of the trip computers mpg..? because if it would still cause it to be reading wrong, with more fueling on load and higher peak boost, then I would rather keep the tuning box as mine does not alter the mpg readings.. only when triggered on 90+% throttle.. If a tuner can alter all the aspects of the maps, then I might be interested.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Yea, I would like to very much, and disable to EGR at the same time..whiich throws errors all the time on mine.

Does a remap alter the accuracy of the trip computers mpg..? because if it would still cause it to be reading wrong, with more fueling on load and higher peak boost, then I would rather keep the tuning box as mine does not alter the mpg readings.. only when triggered on 90+% throttle.. If a tuner can alter all the aspects of the maps, then I might be interested.
I would always choose a remap over a tuning box as i have heard bad problems relating to tuning boxes and to the point where they have messed many ecu's up. At least with a remap you can dictate what you actually want and any decent remapping company will be able to moddify the map to suit you and your car, also a added bonus is that they would do a health check first before remapping it to make sure the car is running correctly before putting a new map on :) I have my 156 2.4jtd recently remapped and i cant belive how quick it is and how much better it is on fuel.:thumbs:

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
is that tank-to-tank fuel , or via the trip computer..? I did read that the mpg computer will not read 'true' figures due to changes in the fueling map not being taken into account for the fuel usage map..

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
I found my tuning box to lye. The remap is spot on. :thumbs:

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Please read the post, the tuning box I am using only activates on 90%+ throttle (pedal), and so the cruise control and light throttle the mpg is spot on.

Water injection has a few other benefits, reduces soot and emissions output and generally helps lower combustion temps more than just having colder air comming into it from a big FMIC.. exhaust temps are also reduced. The main one for me is, ease of installation! no routing of large rigid intake pipes all around the engine bay!.lol

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
So are you selling up or just changing what your doing?

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
No I had a TDItning box. It was good, but they mainly over fuel to give extra bhp etc...

A remap is the best long term option.

Good quality tuning boxes are good, the SA one should be as matt knows his stuff. :thumbs:

Ask matt about mine I'm sure he will be able to fill you in on it :)

If your at the next meet we can have a chat. :)

·
Registered
197 Posts
Please read the post, the tuning box I am using only activates on 90%+ throttle (pedal), and so the cruise control and light throttle the mpg is spot on.

Water injection has a few other benefits, reduces soot and emissions output and generally helps lower combustion temps more than just having colder air comming into it from a big FMIC.. exhaust temps are also reduced. The main one for me is, ease of installation! no routing of large rigid intake pipes all around the engine bay!.lol
Good pointe, and one may always upgrade to FMIC at a later pointe

1 - 14 of 14 Posts