Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to remove the above to lift the cam carrier, however these have reacted badly with the alloy, can some one recommend a good extractor ( please one that you have used or seen being used ) as not all extractors will fit down the limited space I have already bought two and ruined one to the point it will not grip anymore the other will not go down far enough
Thanks

·
Vendor
46,348 Posts
The cam carrier should slide over these studs - it can take quite a bit of persuasion but I've never had to remove the injector studs to remove a cam carrier before.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The cam carrier should slide over these studs - it can take quite a bit of persuasion but I've never had to remove the injector studs to remove a cam carrier before.
Sadly not in this case as the studs have seized onto the alloy, if this was not the case they would unscrew quite easily, I have tried heat but this softened the stud and it twisted, as a matter of interest how many bolts are there I have 18 and one horizontal, it has been soaking for a month in various solutions WD, ACF, Diesel, Plus gas, It looks like I may have to scrap the car as I cannot progress beyond this point
Dev

1 - 3 of 3 Posts