Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I don't normally post on here so please forgive me as I aint got an Alfa but I do have the 1.9 JTD 8v 130 MJet in my Fiat.
Its totally standard and I would like to tune it a bit, nothing mental at the moment but anything to get me close to 180bhp would be good.
Im pretty handy on the tools but know very little when it comes to the chipping/mapping side of things.
Ive rebuilt quite a few various pre-2000 performance and race builds over the past 30yrs but all petrol so far
So any good or bad info on tuning tips would be great thanks.
I don't really have a budget in mind at the moment but im a big fan of starting from a good internals base so if I want to in the future I can upgrade further.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
JTD 8v Stage1+
315 Posts
You have a good engine for tuning, true Euro4 spec injection system with good 1749 turbo series. If you don't know anything about diesel tune start from easy point, it's you can do 140-150ps without some complex ecu tune, rise injection quantity a few (torque unit in your ecu) and some limiters if needed, you don't need to change boost, rail or anything more.
After for higher power with stock engine you will need to know about injection duration, advance, rail, turbo efficiency, lambda etc. Stock with good tune can do 170-180ps.

·
Registered
72 Posts
You have a good engine for tuning, true Euro4 spec injection system with good 1749 turbo series. If you don't know anything about diesel tune start from easy point, it's you can do 140-150ps without some complex ecu tune, rise injection quantity a few (torque unit in your ecu) and some limiters if needed, you don't need to change boost, rail or anything more.
After for higher power with stock engine you will need to know about injection duration, advance, rail, turbo efficiency, lambda etc. Stock with good tune can do 170-180ps.
Hows reliability like with 170-180ps?

·
Registered
770 Posts
I would use the 1.9 Multijet 16v turbo for stable 180hp. But you have to modify the holes from the exhaust manifold and turbo. It fits not plug and play.

·
Registered
JTD 8v Stage1+
315 Posts
Do you have anything else done apart from the tune?
It's mainly stock. When dynoed was stock except precat changed to original DP (8v 110/115 has both options). Today it has rail sensor pressure upgraded but I don't use high press, it's for reliable readings because ori sensor read limit is 1536 bar and I want 100 bar margin. All big parts are original (injectors, pump, turbo, cat exhaust, intake...).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts