Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Where is the best place to order/source a headset for the 192.A5.000 engine.

Its the 140ps 16v spec from 2003.

I have seen some 'headsets' on ebay, but do not come with the head gasket itself.! arrgg..

Any ideas.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I only use OEM head gaskets, the composite head gasket material is important that it's correct.

I have had to strip heads before using Motor Factors parts, not even e-bay ones, and the refund is only on the item and not the labour if it fails due to poor manufacture.

Up to you :)

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ive ordered my parts, had to get the 0.92mm version. I think its a MLS FAI part . Going to be very carefully during the install..

·
Registered
5,758 Posts
Head gaskets for diesels vary in thickness from engine to engine and so are sold seperately to the rest of the gasket set. Personally I've never had a problem in using aftermarket gaskets as long they are replaced like for like(MLS or composite) with gaskets from known manufacturers (eg FAI, Payen, BGA etc). Beware the ones on e bay in plain plastic bags. I'm not saying they are no good but they are unbranded items straight out of China with no gaurantee of quality.
You will be fine with your FAI gasket. Be certain that the head is flat and that both mating surfaces are clean and smooth

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep.

pistons are back, just waiting for the headset to then start the head rebuild.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts