Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I've got an issue which is slowing getting worse but looking for some opinions as to what the issue could be.

Now and then when I pull off the turbo isn't spooling up and have completely no drive whatsoever until it eventually gets up to 2k rpm. I've ruled the maf out and haven't got any fault codes :confused:

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just checked all the usual suspects but was still doing it. Even though multiecuscan was showing the maf desired and actual airflow to be working fine I unplugged it and haven't had the problem since

·
Registered
164 Posts
I'm having a similar problem, after a long drive the turbo can take longer to kick in than I'm used to, and this morning the turbo didn't spool up at all a minute or two after i started up and drove off. Was stuck nt he middle of the road doing 5mph.

At idle sometimes does your RPM rise/drop as if the engine's faltering too?

·
Registered
143 Posts
EGR valve caused exactly the same symptoms on mine if strip and clean doesn't cure then it may still be nackered also +1 for vnt hose or boost solenoid

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm having a similar problem, after a long drive the turbo can take longer to kick in than I'm used to, and this morning the turbo didn't spool up at all a minute or two after i started up and drove off. Was stuck nt he middle of the road doing 5mph.

At idle sometimes does your RPM rise/drop as if the engine's faltering too?
Mines definitely maf now, cleanings done no good though

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
If you have the software you can operate the ERG and check that it is actually working - I know that you have cleaned it but that does not mean that it works. A dead MAF usually means poor idle running and loss of power at higher revs. Have you tried unplugging it and running the car if nothing changes then it probably is the MAF, but loss of power up to about 2250 is normally ERG or VNT related.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
An update to this thread.

Brought a new MAF albeit a used genuine one but still got the same problem. BUT with the MAF unplugged it's fine!?

I originally thought it was a turbo related issue but there's literally no power at all, it just won't rev. It drives without the turbo and still revs up.

I tried cleaning the EGR valve but it's all good and has a factory blanking plate on. I'm all out of ideas??

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It all seems fine, just been for a drive with the maf unplugged again and it's perfect :confused:

·
Registered
551 Posts
So, to be clear:
With the MAF disconnected it runs OK.
With the old MAF or the second-hand MAF you fitted it did not run OK.

Have you tried a new MAF yet? Is the loom to the MAF intact?

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That's correct. The loom/connector is intact but might have to multi-meter it through just too check.

Just seems very unlikely the 2nd MAF would have the same fault even though it is 2nd hand but knowing my luck :lol:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts