Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to upgrade the single piston front brakes on my car to the Brembo set up, I know I will need the uprights as well as the calipers from either a ti or 2.4 but will the uprights from a Brera 3.2 4wd also fit or are the drive shafts different and also will I also need to change the master cylinder.

Also, is there a bracket available to mount the radial mounted smaller 4 pot calipers onto my uprights and with 305mm discs

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Just tried to hunt through ePER for part numbers for you matey, however its not being particularly helpful so I can't tell you.

However weren't the brembos somewhat common place even on the 1.9s after late 08 / early 09? I've been looking at buy me a 159 and the later models seem to have 4 pot front brakes albeit in bare metal / silver colouring - so it maybe easier to broaden your search to a later model that has them fitted?

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, from what I understand the later 1.9's apart from the ti had 305mm discs with smaller brembos, the 3.2, 2.4 and 1.9ti had the larger 330mm set up.

If there is a bracket to fit the smaller radial 4 pots to my smaller discs then I'll do that but if I have to change the uprights then I might as well go for the bigger set up but there seems to be more 3.2 Brera's being broken but I want to make sure the front upright and hub will fit before I buy them, I dont want to go messing about with changing driveshafts etc

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
aah right didn't realise they were different sizes - sorry Jon!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts