Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking through the AutoDelta website (cos i was day dreaming), and a thought occurred....

How comes there isn't a supercharger option for 1.8 ts and only the bigger engines? Is it because the engine is weak, or the power you get back for cost or gearbox issues?

·
Registered
3,769 Posts
Given that they can make one for the 1.6 TS:

Autodelta Shop

As well as the 2.0

Autodelta Shop

I'd assume that they would do the same for the 1.8, it'll probably be the same kit anyway with some minor tweaks.

The fundamental problem is that it is a complete and utter waste of money. And far too much for it as well. £4,140.00 (inc VAT) for the 1.6 TS supercharging kit?! Just go and buy a better car that's sorted.

That much money will outstrip the purchase cost of most if not all possible TS cars you can find, and probably triple it; except those cars held by certain second hand car dealers that overcharge for anything with an Alfa badge.

It's entirely personal opinion, but almost everything on that website was possibly okay when the cars first came out, but really, there are many better cars out there to be had now rather than flogging a dead horse engine with a massive modification stick and extortionate amounts of money (fitted by any garage).

I don't know if they even sell these items any more. That website has stayed the same for ages, though they were at Brooklands last year with a flashy looking modified 159, so they seem to be still around, but very quiet. Someone has to be paying for the webspace however, and their Twitter feed has around a single post per month (One of which included a G in the background, so much be recent-ish). :paranoid:

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Given that they can make one for the 1.6 TS:

Autodelta Shop

As well as the 2.0

Autodelta Shop

I'd assume that they would do the same for the 1.8, it'll probably be the same kit anyway with some minor tweaks.

The fundamental problem is that it is a complete and utter waste of money. And far too much for it as well. £4,140.00 (inc VAT) for the 1.6 TS supercharging kit?! Just go and buy a better car that's sorted.

That much money will outstrip the purchase cost of most if not all possible TS cars you can find, and probably triple it; except those cars held by certain second hand car dealers that overcharge for anything with an Alfa badge.

It's entirely personal opinion, but almost everything on that website was possibly okay when the cars first came out, but really, there are many better cars out there to be had now rather than flogging a dead horse engine with a massive modification stick and extortionate amounts of money (fitted by any garage).

I don't know if they even sell these items any more. That website has stayed the same for ages, though they were at Brooklands last year with a flashy looking modified 159, so they seem to be still around, but very quiet. Someone has to be paying for the webspace however, and their Twitter feed has around a single post per month (One of which included a G in the background, so much be recent-ish). :paranoid:
Ooh scathing. haha. Nah that's fair enough. I assumed the power to cost factor would be the case, which is what you're implying anyways. Just curious why there was a gap for that particular engine. Don't really know much about AutoDelta tbh to comment in any great detail.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts