Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Going to be changing my vacuum pump gasket on my 1.4MA TB due to a damn leak. Can anybody furnish me with the torque value for the 3 x T45 bolts securing the pump to the head? I thought I found it once, but can't find it now!

Thanks in advance all,
James.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I would also love to know this, same problem & job to do...….
Given that it's a single use metal crush gasket though I'm guessing pretty damn tight, tight as possible if no one has the actual values maybe?

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I usually just do it by feel to be honest, but I might properly torque these ones this time. Turns out I had a double leak issue, firstly the oil segregator o-ring being crusty, and having successfully sorted that realised that there's still an oil leak. So changing the vac pump gasket.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I think I'll replace the o-ring while the pump is off, for what it costs, saves replacing the gasket twice for when the inevitable happens.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm planning to check mine and use some rtv sealant to seal it, so it moulds to any potential warp on the plate.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think I'll replace the o-ring while the pump is off, for what it costs, saves replacing the gasket twice for when the inevitable happens.
Just to wrap this up, I never did find or use the torque value, just did it pretty tight, but obviously just be careful as the tapped holes are only in cast aluminium. Turns out I also had triple threat going on; the segregator seal, pump to cam cover seal AND vacuum pump case seal all leaking. New o-ring for the segregator, new OEM gasket for pump to cam cover and used Loctite SI 5990 for the pump housing seal.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts