Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son is looking to change from twin air mito to a 1.4 tct G, be interesting to know what real world mpg people are getting, I'm guessing the two wont be far apart. Would be interested in your comments, thanks!

·
Registered
37 Posts
My son is looking to change from twin air mito to a 1.4 tct G, be interesting to know what real world mpg people are getting, I'm guessing the two wont be far apart. Would be interested in your comments, thanks!
I get about 8.5l /100km in mine against the claimed 5.2.

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
the real world MPG depends on your part of the real world, if your son will stick to the real speed limit, and if he wants to be first gone from the lights...

if you don't get stuck in heavy traffic, stick to speed limits and don't try to win the traffic light grand prix, you can get very close to the official figures, or even beat them if your journeys are long enough.

·
Registered
20 Posts
7.4 l/100km with mainly country driving. A friend of ours gets 6.5 but only uses D on special occasions. Romeo68 must have wheels out of alignment as we have told him before.

·
Registered
43 Posts
You must be driving on air without friction.. Mine is 14.5 lt/100km.. ( I do not race , just go to work slowly)
14.5 lt/100km is 19 mpg. My friend gets that from a 300bhp+ 3ltr turbo v6. There is something wrong with your car if thats the best it can manage.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
I took my car to dealer for that reason, and they told me everything is normal with saying "wait for 5.000 km more" Now my car is about 7.000 kms and nothing changed ( Although I serviced it at 4.700 kms )

·
Registered
34 Posts
I get about 9l/100km. But my typical journey is about 3 km and I am convinced that consumption improves enormously if the engine is allowed to warm up properly. On a long journey it drops to 7l/100km.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts