Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have worked out that a diesel Mito will save me £1000, £900 a year over the 146ti, talk me into one and not a polo bluemotion :thumbup:

·
Registered
346 Posts
Hi, I've had a 1.6 diesel for just over a year, bought it at three years old with 35k and it's now up to 50k miles. I rarely do motorway driving - lots of city and country road driving and I like it in dynamic all the time and drive it enthusiastically when possible. I still easily get 50mpg and this climbs quickly towards 60mpg on motorway trips. £30 road tax is a nice bonus too.
I find it a little rattly and noisy around town but it quietens down nicely at speed. Pulls well and has more than enough power for overtaking. I still can't help but wonder if I should have got a 135 petrol though, sometimes miss having something revvy and I have had to put it into the garage for new EGR cooler and unscheduled oil replacement - the EGR is a common problem on the diesel according to this forum.
Still, I'd recommend the 1.6 but would also test a petrol unless you know your mileage really justifies it.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I bought my 1.3 JTDM-2 Mito 2+ years ago with 7,000 miles on the clock, now it has 54,000 on the clock. I'm getting 54mpg, mainly motorway journeys and I don't hang about, driven carefully it'll return at least 60mpg....but that's a bit boring :)

New front tyres, new wiper blades and a map sensor - that's all that I've had to replace so far. I have the oil and filter changed every 10 - 12K just to be on the safe side.

It has a slightly harsh suspension, the normal diesel clatter and runs out of puff at higher speeds but I do enjoy driving it.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for that, I would imagine the ride will be better than the 146ti and driving slowish for economy is very easy for me, spend most of my working day at 54mph, doing 60mph will be mind blowing :thumbup:

I am pretty handy with a spanner and have a friend that is an expert with Alfa just in case.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I recently bought a 2011 1.3 JTDm and I absolutely love it!The ride is smooth, and mine is surprisingly quick for a 1.3 (although I assume it might be remapped). I honestly do not regret it at all. It also saves me about 75 euros/month in comparison to my previous 147 on LPG. Mine has a fuelconsumption of 1:23 on average and I am not a slow driver either. (If google did the maths right, it is around 62 MPG?)

And oh, isn't the bluemotion a 3 cilinder that sounds like a truck? :biglaugh:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Spent yesterday in a 1.3cdti corsa (special treat, small delivery) I believe it has 75hp, left Reading at 16.35 just as the Rush was beginning, got to Liverpool (220 miles) in 3 1/2 hours.

Reckon a 1.3 Mito would be just fine :biglaugh:

·
Registered
2 Posts
1.6 jtdm2

I brought my 1.6 mito in December, and i love it, i get the odd remark of 'oh it's an alfa' but honestly its one of the most nicest and reliable cars I have owned and driven.
It can keep up with a remapped 1.6 petrol mini, and it has a lovely turbo wind as you climb past 4k revs. Does great on mpg, i do a lot of motorway driving, and the ride isnt too bad.
I have lowered it by 50mm and like all lowered cars they dont like sudden suspension travel. Can be a bit of a pain where aftermarket parts come in, but you dont see many that are done up.
If you want mpg and a fun and fast car (when in dynamique) go for a mito :thumbup:

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts