Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wipers were working fine, then after starting up again they refused to turn on. Left the car overnight and came back to it this morning to them working again but as I was parking up this evening they came on 1/2 a cycle and stopped in the middle of the windscreen, this was without them being turned on. After messing about for a while I have found that they will sometimes cycle once (as soon as ignition is started) without being turned on and then stop.

This is only the front wipers and since they seem to still work occasionally the fuse seems to be out of the question (I take it they have some sort of internal fuse that trips as I can't find a specific fuse listed in the manual).

Anyone had this problem or know of a way to fix it?

·
Registered
247 Posts
Welcome to AO. I don't remember wiper problems like this on here before, but have heard Punto/Doblo problems requiring a spray of contact cleaner to the switch contacts under steering column shroud. May be worth a try. Much of MiTo is Punto. Like you, I can't find fuse no. for wipers. Good luck.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Plenty of used and tested Wiper Motors on ebay.......... Once all other avenues have been exhausted it ultimately has to be the motor...........

1 - 4 of 4 Posts