Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive only had my Brera for 4 days and already there is a warning light appeared on the dash, in the handbook it states "low battery level". I doubt it is the battery as It had a new one less than 3 months ago! Should U start looking at the alternator? The trip milometer resets itself after every 3 miles or so now. Ohhhh, what have I gone and bought!

Has anyone else had the same issue?

·
Registered
4,829 Posts
Starting with the obvious, have you taken it for a long drive yet? if you have purchased it from a garage, it may have been sitting round for a bit.
It could be the alternator too, presumably the previous owner/ garage may have fitted to battery to get rid of a battery warning.
Is it starting OK, unusual to have the warning and starting ok, check the ground cable to the battery, a few people have complained theirs was not connected up to the chassis correctly (if it is starting OK, I would check all the connections first), there are a couple of threads on this.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Agree with above post, if it has been sat you need to take it out for a good drive up and down the motorway, get the engine nice and warm for a prolonged time. Could also get a battery health check, some places to this for free I think?

Dan

1 - 3 of 3 Posts