Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I think the cold is going to kill my battery, after being stood for 3 days the engine turns over and slows down then when she started there was unburn diesel from the exhaust.

I do have a warning light for the glowplugs so have to flash the plugs twice so this is also eating into the battery.

Is there anything I should be wary of when replacing the battery?

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Don't think you need to worry about the Key fob or radio codes, it didn't affect anything when I did mine. Easy to replace aswell really just a need a longish socket extention bar for the 13mm nut holding the strap down.

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Always remove the earth terminal first and connect it last when changing a battery.
And fix your glow plugs before it gets too cold...:)

·
Banned
857 Posts
..and make sure you are supplied with the right battery. 027 type rather than 063. 063 is for petrol models but most suppliers list it for the diesel also. It'll fit on the plate but the securing strap will be loose as it isn't as tall.

·
Registered
28,482 Posts
Another simple tip, is to make sure the keys are out of the ignition when replacing the Battery.........;)

·
Registered
860 Posts
hi also make sure the battery is 60amp cold start number is 540 or over you need it for a diesel, couple sites will deliver free charge do a search on hereshould get one for about £50 or so

1 - 9 of 9 Posts