Alfa Romeo Forum banner

05 Alfa 156 Veloce Diesel for sale

Tags
diesel veloce
2K views 25 replies 11 participants last post by  SimonDublin 
#1 ·
Folks

Before I put it on the market I thought maybe some of the members here would be interested in this car. It rarely shows up in places like car zone and if it does it is usually of inferior spec. This car has full UK veloce spec with side skirts, black dials and steering wheel audio control.

I will be moving to US soon so it has to go, otherwise I wouldn't even consider selling it for the next few years as I put a lot of effort to keep it in top notch condition.

I've been driving this car for 2.5 years and it was trouble free driving. If it needed periodic service it was done with Gerry of TI autos. I wasn't saving money on this car so it's got a few nice upgrades like Superflex bushes, Ferrodo DS Performance brake pads with Motul racing RBF600 brake fluid. Tyres (Falken), brake discs relatively new too. Just after oil change (Silkolene Pro). Timing belt and oil pump done at 56000 (it is now at 79k).

It does 58mpg Sligo-Dublin with no granny driving.

If any of you is interested please pm me for more details. Hopefully new owner will find it as good as I did.

Thanks

See less See more
#7 ·
Nice looking motor Emperor , and that colour really suits :thumbs: best of luck with the sale

#11 ·
Thanks Lads.Larger 17 rims were planned as well for next year to make it look even better. It has 16 at the moment.
It is really hard for me to let her go. You know yourself lads when you get slagged by all the people when buying Alfa. The more slagging I was given the more I loved the car as it never let me down. There will be sad feeling of missing somebody important for sure....She was even our wedding car...:cry:

#12 ·
Was just thinking today about my Alfa gap between 2002 and 2006.
Drove the missus mad, she convinced me I had to get one again...
Ended up with 3 + donor car!!!
:lol:

#18 ·
Yep. your bet is spot on. I'm moving over for 2 years. If it was for one year only I would probably try to keep the car.
It's a bit funny that I actually can't wait coming back to Ireland again cause I'll be in for a hunt for new Alfa. Looks like 159 TBi TI is my favourite at the moment.

#22 ·
It's going to be silver or grey metallic for me.
My bigger worry is motor tax here though. I need 159 SW and it falls into E1050 per year bracket. While saloon fits into E640 per annum. This is killing me. SW is only out by 3 grams on emissions. Saloon is no option it has to be SW.

#23 ·
Well lads the car is gone. The minute I put it on donedeal the phone never stoppeed ringing! I honestly never expected for it to go so fast being an Alfa. I've got Chinese fella buying it in the end!
For the next few days I have rented a 08 Golf and cant stop asking myself what is making people buying it? It is so boring and ugly both inside and out. Even being 3 years younger its no match to my 05 156. so why is it so popular ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.