Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick query ,what is the amber warning light in the rev counter
for on post 2002 166 s' for ,havent' got a handbook for this,
only for my 2001 t/spark which hasn't got this feature.

·
Registered
6,300 Posts
ummm- what does it look like? i seem to remember the Traction Control light is over there....is the button behind the gear stick pushed in?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, no my 2.5 has got ASR not TCS traction control,which has a
warning in the switch when turned off,I think you are on the right
track I think it is a traction control warning light which probably
comes on if the system is losing grip on say slippery roads?
I expect Dougie 166 will know he has a V6 3.0 ,a regular contributor
to this forum.
cheers Vivian.

·
Registered
6,300 Posts
the TCS/ASR light on the dash will also be on if it's been switched off...is there no wee symbol on the light?

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
Yeah Vivian, I think it is something to do with ASR and EBD, I was wondering myself last week but could find nothing in the handbook!! I have seen this light come on when hitting a puddle or in the snow - Probably just to let you know that the system has kicked in and operational.

The handbook shows it on the instrument panel - Only on Fig. 80 - Super (3.0 V6 24V) version though, fig. 79 - 2.5 V6 24V version does not show this but does show the TCS light on the check panel!!?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
o.k thanks dougie,it looks as though the 166s' we have both got
are virtually identical in spec. bar the 17" wheels and 3.0 engine.
Yours is one of the few 3.0s' that I have seen WITHOUT zenon
lights ,highly unusual!I am actually beginning to wonder whether Alfa changed the spec.substantially
on these 2002 cars onwards,there are so many detail differences between
my 01 t/spark and the 02 v6.
regards Vivian

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
xenon lights are included in Lusso specification or an expensive option, not a 3.0 thing - Plenty without. Just before I bought my 166 I almost done a deal on a 2001 model 166 Super Lusso - this had the xenons, sat nav and momo leather which come with the Lusso package.

Just checked my handbook - It is publication no. 60431015 - 1st Edition - 09/2000. Is that the same one as you have from your 2001 ts? - If so, does page 82 show the instrument panel with the light in question on it? Was there another edition of the handbook for pre-facelift cars?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
HI,Dougie,no its' not the same handbook its' no.60490950,it doesnt'
show the warning light,I guess there have been many different
versions of this handbook taking into account all the different model
changes,on the subject of the Zenons,whilst looking around most
of the 3.0s' seemed to have Zenons,but strangely the 2.5s'.excluding
Lussos dont',specs are really weird on 166s',mine has leather but no
memory seats,yet I have seen base model 166 T/Sparks with cloth
seats and memory!Considering the relatively few 166s' that have been
sold here ,there must be many variations from standard!

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
Yeah, I think you are right Vivian - Many variations on a theme, usual Alfa! You may remember a thread of mine a while back on my interior - black leather seats but grey leather door cards etc. Not an option in the brochure. I think that Alfa will basically supply whatever a customer wants, within reason. I don't think that production lines are that strict either and cars may end up with bits bolted or screwed in place which are not really supposed to relate to that specific model - Adds to the charm I suppose but a bit confusing and irratating at times!

Anyway - I think that the light must relate to ASR and indicate the system taking action.

Cheers
Dougie

1 - 10 of 10 Posts