Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are having a 02' 156 2.4 jtd , with a ignition heating problems.
The Fuel pump heater is OK, but the glow-plug loom does not have any positive + feed from the relay. This is what they told me in the service after diagnostic, They checked glow-plugs they are
OK. And the feed to the relay ( there is 2 of them ) is okay , but there is no EXIT to the glow-plug loom.
Can anyone show me were it is, and what could be the problem ? Is this is the glow plug control unit ? Or just the relays ? or both and were to find both to check them out or replace them my self. Thank you for any help :(

G

·
0 Posts
Refer to your owners handbook for the relay positions. Swap the relays to see if it is a relay at fault , it could be as simple as that;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
the glow plug relay module is the black box bolted to the middle of the bulk head. Im having the same problem as you by the sound of it. let me know if you have any success.4

·
Registered
9,912 Posts
We are having a 02' 156 2.4 jtd , with a ignition heating problems.
The Fuel pump heater is OK, but the glow-plug loom does not have any positive + feed from the relay. This is what they told me in the service after diagnostic, They checked glow-plugs they are
OK. And the feed to the relay ( there is 2 of them ) is okay , but there is no EXIT to the glow-plug loom.
Can anyone show me were it is, and what could be the problem ? Is this is the glow plug control unit ? Or just the relays ? or both and were to find both to check them out or replace them my self. Thank you for any help :(
what are your ecu fault codes coming up as?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts