Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
finally changed the cambelt and tensioners yesterday. took 6 hrs:wow: did it in my dads garage, forgot to take my 15mm spanner so that wasted an hr or so.
generally the job wasnt too bad, probably take 3 to 3 1/2 hrs next time. condition of belt after 133k miles was perfect, unfortunately, no cracks or frays and the tensioners seemed ok too.
oh well better safe than sorry.
tried to change the oil as well but came across the dreaded sump plug WTF were they thinking when they specc'ed that plug??
what is the oil capacity of the 2.4, is it really 5.5 litres? i just forked out £46 for 5l of oil :mad:
also, how much is a new plug?
cheers:)

R

·
0 Posts
133k miles? If that's an original tensioner and belt then you are a very lucky Alfisti and you most likely have set a record. Don't leave it that long next time.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sorry i wasnt very clear. the car has all the stamps from new until 128 ish, im assuming the belt will have been changed at 72k. ive only had the car since 129k.
ive set a personal record with the most expensive oilchange.
£46 for 5 l of mobil1 plus another 1 litre at £12 to make up the req'd 5.5 litres!
£7 for a new sump plug and the same for a gen filter plus a tenner for an indie to get the old sump plug out £82 all in.:(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts