Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I've googled this and searched unsuccessfully. Does anybody know what the acceleration stat for a supercharged GT JTS 2.0 is? Autodelta's own site doesn't give the figure, only the revised bhp.

Or are 0 to 100 figures considered old hat / juvenile / politically incorrect?:confused:

·
Super Moderator
114,703 Posts
Ok, here is some food for thought.

The base model apparently does the 0-100kmh in 8.5'' (with 150hp), the 3.2 V6 (with 250hp) does it in 6.7'' and we saw the supermother does it in 5.4''.

An Autodelta'd JTS, with 220hp, should be able to do it in around 7'' I reckon, as the 3.2 has 100hp more than the JTS and shaves off almost 2 seconds from the time. The Autodelta'd JTS, should be lighter than the 3.2 V6 but gives up 30hp.

Anyway, I'll shut up now :eek:

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Here's my 2c.

A supercharged 2 litre GT, with coilovers, LSD and 4 pot brakes will be a better car by far, than the stock 3.2 GT. Maybe not in straight line acceleration, but point to point and on track it will spank it.

The question you should be asking yourself, is not the acceleration figures, but are you willing to spend that kind of money. Just supercharging the JTS is a waste of money, it will not use the power well.

Good luck with your choice ;) and please bear in mind that the above is written on the assumption that you want to 'drive' the car, not just the odd traffic light race.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

The base model apparently does the 0-100kmh in 8.5'' (with 150hp), the 3.2 V6 (with 250hp) does it in 6.7'' and we saw the supermother does it in 5.4''.

An Autodelta'd JTS, with 220hp, should be able to do it in around 7'' I reckon, as the 3.2 has 100hp more than the JTS and shaves off almost 2 seconds from the time. The Autodelta'd JTS, should be lighter than the 3.2 V6 but gives up 30hp.

Good stuff BF. I guess I was being lazy by not trying to figure out where it might come out at. I'll take your guestimated figure as being correct = or - 5%. It will all depend on the quote I get later today now.

Here's my 2c.

A supercharged 2 litre GT, with coilovers, LSD and 4 pot brakes will be a better car by far, than the stock 3.2 GT. Maybe not in straight line acceleration, but point to point and on track it will spank it.

The question you should be asking yourself, is not the acceleration figures, but are you willing to spend that kind of money. Just supercharging the JTS is a waste of money, it will not use the power well.

Good luck with your choice ;) and please bear in mind that the above is written on the assumption that you want to 'drive' the car, not just the odd traffic light race.
Indeed. Thanks for the advice. I've been kind of pushed into this corner because of the extremely poor range being offered here by my only Alfa dealer. Later today I will find out the cost of mods to the 2.0 GT which is all they've got available here (well and a 147). Initially I just wanted a 3.2 GT, but there are none.

But drive it? Oh I will. A month ago I went up this road http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c320/gahsoon/JebelHafeet-Road1.jpg in a placid Toyota Camry with my family. I swore to return alone in an Alfa. When/If I get it, that's straight where I'll head for:D . Mind you the locals here regularly kill themselves on it at weekends in 4x4's careering over barriers. I'll make sure it's a very quiet weekday when I pick up my car.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
My God, that is a gorgeous road :cool:

Off the top of my head

supercharge 4000 GBP
coilovers 1000 GBP
LSD 800 GBP (or Q2 for cca 250)
4 pot brembos 1500 GBP

that's back of the envelope stuff, and obviously subject to availability in Abu Dhabi. Plus fitting.

God, that road is beautiful :D

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
I believe the 3.2 GT is detuned to 240 bhp.

I would think the 0-60 would be comparable between the stock 3.2 and a rotrexed JTS. Not enough of a difference that you would notice driving on that beautiful road of yours :D

God, that's a beautiful road :D

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The biggest question I'd imagine is are there any technically adept tuners over there who would take on the job?

The Alfa dealer here is on the phone to Autodelta as I write apparently. They are trying to work out a deal but Autodelta may insist on flying in their guy to do it. In that case I'm better off just twiddling my thumbs until a 3.2 becomes available from ....somewhere...

I was walking back to the office looking at cars in the street. It's again striking me that, much as I'm after shall we say "superior" performance and even shortlisting other car makes to give me this, at the end of the day if I don't get an Alfa I will not have that feeling that I used to get EVERYTIME I went to drive my Bella back in UK.

So, I might just end up going for the 2.0 GT anyway. Only remaining nagging doubt is selspeed which I'm not a fan of, but is again the only thing the dealer has here.

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
Surely worthy of being immortalised in an avatar :cool:

I wouldn't be suprised if the JTS super could just about do 7s 0-100kph.
Subtract 0.4s for a 0-60mph time and your are probably at or around 6.8s
which is pretty rapid.
This is just a guess, you could mess around with www.letstorquebhp.com but this site ignores torque figures completely so would be likely to underestimate the effect of the huge band of usable torque below the peak power point in this case

If 2nd gear in the JTS is as long as in the t-spark (close to 70mph acievable) then 2nd gear will amusingly give you absolutely massive overtaking power for 50mph dawdlers on winding roads :lol:
192 ft/lb Peak torque for the 2.0 JTS super is well above the peak torque for the 2.5v6 of 164 ft/lb, so third gear shoudl be pretty flexible as well and Rotrex superchargers keep whizzing all the way to the redline, unlike roots-type superchargers.

My God, that is a gorgeous road :cool:

<snip>

God, that road is beautiful :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts