Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A work colleague and I both have Giuliettas, he has the petrol 1.4 170 bhp and I have the 2.0 JTDM-2 (175 bhp) Sportiva TCT.

We are often arguing whose car is the fastest. As a decent citizen I wouldn't contemplate a race between the two :angel:

Having owned an Abarth Punto Evo which has pretty much the same engine as the Giulietta in a lighter car; I am convinced that the Diesel would leave the petrol in a cloud of soot, especially with the launch control available with the TCT. Having owned the car for more than a year, I am still staggered by the performance for an oil burner.

Has anyone put the two cars together (on a race track obviously)? Which is the fastest 0-60, petrol or diesel (The stats on the Websites are inconsistent).

·
Registered
188 Posts
A work colleague and I both have Giuliettas, he has the petrol 1.4 170 bhp and I have the 2.0 JTDM-2 (175 bhp) Sportiva TCT.

We are often arguing whose car is the fastest. As a decent citizen I wouldn't contemplate a race between the two :angel:

Having owned an Abarth Punto Evo which has pretty much the same engine as the Giulietta in a lighter car; I am convinced that the Diesel would leave the petrol in a cloud of soot, especially with the launch control available with the TCT. Having owned the car for more than a year, I am still staggered by the performance for an oil burner.

Has anyone put the two cars together (on a race track obviously)? Which is the fastest 0-60, petrol or diesel (The stats on the Websites are inconsistent).
According to the stats I'm finding the 1.4 should do 0-60 in 7,8, the 2.0 in 8 flat, so it's going to be a close call either way. I reckon with TCT and launch control the diesel with easily close these 2 tenths of a second vs a manual 1.4.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Real world?

The derv should have it due to more weight over the driven wheels and better torque to offset any slightly early change-ups. Track conditions, with the same driver and loads of practice, I'd go for the petrol.

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts