1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
86,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
6,633 Posts
I was planning to watch it, but then I saw one of the people involved being interviewed on breakfast TV. He was proud of the fact that he had introduced a new character who is not in the original because he wanted a female lead. . .

. . . with which must come a new storyline which can't be true to the original.

·
Registered
13,230 Posts
I was planning to watch it, but then I saw one of the people involved being interviewed on breakfast TV. He was proud of the fact that he had introduced a new character who is not in the original because he wanted a female lead. . .

. . . with which must come a new storyline which can't be true to the original.
I might give it a punt on the iPlayer.. but "PC" dicking about with what I might ordinarily be interested in, to make something that I'm not ordinarily interested in (in the same vein as the BBC's "lady time-travellers" ********) and dressing it as something like I'm interested in, instead of devising something original, which I might not be interested in but at least it's original and not a rip-off of something else, sounds like a cheap scam to me. Is this the BBC?

Too many c***s running it, with my money... :D

Ralf S.

·
Administrator
86,782 Posts

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
To add to the naysayers, shan't watch it as usually "the film's not as good as the book", and the book was twaddle. The only good line in it was when the invaders appeared. Mrs Whatever ran down the front path in her nightie while her husband followed, "ejaculating" according to HG Wells.

·
Premium Member
77,344 Posts
Disregarding a piece of sci-fi drama without watching it because it offends your anti-PC sensibilities is radged.

Just watch it.

I'm not saying you'll enjoy it - it is bleak.

·
Premium Member
77,344 Posts
My only beef, so far.............minor spoiler (not really)..........is when the people walk down from the mountain, and then back up......it's a bit of stroll, albeit in traumatic circs.

It's a feckin mountain, in the Alps.....ok, it has a road up it........BUT IT IS A MOUNTAIN, IN THE ALPS

1 - 9 of 9 Posts