341 - 360 of 381 Posts

·
Administrator
86,484 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi All,
I took receipt of my first Alfa today. 192 Guilia Veloce, misano blue. I ticked the Pieno Fiore upholstery box. I have to say I am smitten. In fairness to Agnelli they mad the day very special, had it all wrapped up in the middle of the showroom. They knew I was bringing my son Tom. He nearly burst when he saw the license plate. Very impressed so far.

Attachments

·
Administrator
86,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #343
Welcome to Alfa ownership, congrats & well wear :thumbs:
That looks stunning, I think Misano Blue is the best choice for the Giulia & those alloys & the yellow calipers really compliment it :cool:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Congrats Donnyj - is that Portmarnock GC ?? I'll keep an eye out for you in North County Dublin - bets of luck with the car . Had mine two years now. Fantastic car. Still look forward to driving it every time i get in.

·
Registered
5,926 Posts
Great choice Donny - well wear!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Congrats Donnyj - is that Portmarnock GC ?? I'll keep an eye out for you in North County Dublin - bets of luck with the car . Had mine two years now. Fantastic car. Still look forward to driving it every time i get in.
Yes it is, A good day around , pick up the car and a round of golf to follow.
I am very impressed so far. Feels very solid and well put together and handles extremely well.

·
Registered
5,926 Posts

·
Registered
5,926 Posts

·
Registered
5,926 Posts
Ah I see someone rivals me for their addiction levels 😂
Ha! And Mark helped along the way.
He drove my car after we picked this one up

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello from Galway (First Alfa, 2008 159 with m32 gearbox issues)

Username: seami9
Model: 159
Engine Size: 1.8 MPI
Year: 2008
Colour: Red (Rosso 130)
Area: Galway/Dublin

Hi all, just took the plunge and bought my first Alfa. She broke down on the way home and I'd to push her off the motorway off ramp, so I've had a proper Alfa owners introduction! (clutch went limp and couldn't put her in gear/take out of gear). I went back to tow it a day later and the clutch was back working again, no clue whats going on with it (hydraulic clutch and plenty of brake fluid so not sure what caused it to stop working).

The dreaded m32 gearbox whine is there also, plus an oil leak from the rocker cover gasket. I knew about the gearbox issue and oil leak when buying (got it cheap) but didn't expect the clutch to go. She's parked at a garage now and I'm waiting for the good/bad news....

I'm going to play it by ear to see if I can afford to keep her (don't want to spend more than 1-1.5k on getting her roadworthy), I'm going to hold on to my old car for a while yet!

Aside from the current issues, it's a lovely car to drive and the styling is out of this world. At 23 I'm just happy to be able to insure it, only an extra €40 a month in insurance, best €40 I've ever spent!

Would appreciate any advice especially from other 159 owners who've had the m32 box and had it replaced/reconditioned.
Thanks, Séamus.

Attachments

·
Administrator
86,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #354

·
Registered
1 Posts
Aidan- Giulia Speciale - 2.2 TD 180 - 2018 - Stromboli Grey - Kildare.

Hi All, first post here, back in Alfa ownership after about a 15 year hiatus, this is my 5th Alfa after a good start in early life followed by some fairly boring German affairs. A Veloce in Belfast was very tempting, but drove this diesel and loved it. The 8 speed auto is a perfect match, you can punt along at a decent lick without going over 2k rpm or you can give it loads if you're in a rush. My last drive was an E60 523i, the Giulia's handling is like a racecar compared to it but the Alfa's better on speed bumps.

I'm told the 3 year warranty carries over from UK to here, so 2 years left, anyone tried this?

One drawback - it didn't have the gearshift paddles. Have looked up retro fit and it looks do-able, available for about €400 on ebay, fitting easy enough but you need a re-programme. Will post if I get to it.

Aidan

Attachments

·
Administrator
86,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #356
Welcome to AO & to the Irish Section Aidan :thumbs:

And welcome back to Alfa ownership, congrats & well wear with your Speciale, it looks stunning :cool:

·
Registered
5,926 Posts
Welcome to AO & to the Irish Section Aidan :thumbs:

And welcome back to Alfa ownership, congrats & well wear with your Speciale, it looks stunning :cool:
What David said Aidan. That's just gorgeous

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi folks,

I've been reading threads on this forum since last year, and finally have a reason to be here.

Since I made the decision to buy a 159, I've been waiting impatiently for the right black Ti model to appear. It did a couple of weeks ago, and yesterday I bought it and drove it from London to Holyhead, and sailed her home.

It's a 2.0 JTDM 16v Ti, with 77k on the clock and a full Alfa service history. Drove 300 miles like a charm yesterday, so optimistic for our future together!

I've driven mostly classics the last 14 years; Fiat 124 Spider, Merc SL and a Porsche 924 that has been faithful for 10 years. I just needed something more grown up, but that was still an eye turner and interesting. The 159 is the perfect blend for me. Also, having 5 seats means I don't have to drive the wife's Picasso at the weekend with the three kids in the back.

Car has a few scrapes and scuffs, and a couple of other weekend jobs I'm looking forward to, like replacing the front badge.

First I have to make an appointment with The Revenue. :paranoid:

Conor

Attachments

·
Administrator
86,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #359
Welcome to Alfa Ownership Conor & welcome to the Irish Section, congrats & well wear with your ti :cool: :thumbs:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Thanks David.

Online car communities are one of the best things about owning an old, or unusual car.
This forum is no exception, and much of the advice here shaped my purchase.

Looking forward to contributing as well as learning. :rotate:

341 - 360 of 381 Posts