Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Guila 2.0 Tbi Lusso spec, 1972 S2 Spider Junior, wife drives 939 Spider, + Abarth 595
6,550 Posts
Thanks for sharing that with us.
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Is that base price? If it is, I'm out too. Have to wait for the Veloce or buy something else!

·
Registered
4,801 Posts
£59k for the QF

·
Registered
2017 Guila 2.0 Tbi Lusso spec, 1972 S2 Spider Junior, wife drives 939 Spider, + Abarth 595
6,550 Posts
:rolleyes: Forgot that you're offended by BMW, no offence intended.

In any case whether you like it or not the comparison with the BMW is a pertinent one.
What is the price of the M3, spec for spec? I mean its still oooooonly a BMW.:biglaugh:

Reactions: mash4077

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
About what I was expecting to be honest. Bear in mind that will include VAT so a performance saloon with carbon fibre components for under £50 ex VAT is pretty good. almost double the power of the 4c don't forget and it has its own bespoke engine too, not something shared with the Giulietta.

·
Registered
4,801 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
M3 with DCT starts at £59,100.00, so the same as Giulia Quadrifoglio with ZF-8speed. Alfa is faster on the straght line and more importantly on track, being more comfortable at the same time.
It also offers a better (newer) chassis, with more advanced front suspension type, more direct and quicker steering, shorter braking distance (according to Alfa), more powerful and advanced engine, active aerodynamics, better engine sound, and most of all better design.

BMW has a better build quality and faster gearbox, it gives more flat feeling when cornering and feels sharper overall (according to reviewers).

Taken together, Giulia seems better on paper. So I really see no reason why you would choose M3 over Giulia Q. But tastes differ, a lot of people would prefer BMW over Alfa anyday, no matter what sepcs and reviews say and vica versa.

·
Registered
454 Posts
A big factor in this will also be available discounts & finance deals
I have definitely read of 15-20% off M3 list price depending on dealer/timing/luck etc
Will Alfa be able to do that? Probably not. On the plus side it'll probably be more exclusive for a good while, and it has basically a Ferrari engine and lots of CF bits and is really quite advanced, so fair play.
I think £59k is fair, I can't justify going for it and am sad about this, but it's fair.

·
AO Detailing Car Of The Year Winner 2015
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yep or £56k for the manual.

OK, maybe I am being a bit hasty writing off the Giulia as I haven't seen one let alone driven one. However I also own a BMW and have affinity for the brand let alone their superb residuals.

I don't know, I was just expected Alfa (trying to penetrate the market) to be cheaper and sway me away from the BMW. I suppose I'm more disappointed than anything, where's the incentive?

·
Registered
913 Posts
In every other European country until now, prices of Q where practically the same as M3. The same was expected for UK, so noone should be surprised. And yes you do get a faster car for the same price, so in a way Alfa is indeed cheaper.

·
Registered
7,553 Posts

·
Registered
858 Posts
The Competition Pack Auto is £62k. I'm not surprised by £59k, I own a BMW and have owned an M3 in the past so I'm not anti-BMW but I have no desire to buy an M3, I think it's ugly and dull. The Giulia QV looks like genuine competition and is far more appealing to me. I think it's priced about right. Bet there will be a waiting list, I guess time will tell. Hasn't put me off one bit, as soon as the order books are open I'm in there like a rat up a drain pipe.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I've just got back from Goodwood and £59k is what I was quoted OTR. I also took the opportunity to compare with the M3, AMG etc in the flesh and it seemed to me that the German competition was between £5k-£15k dearer for what seemed to be similar/same spec. For example, an £80k M3 I saw included £4k for the leather option which IMHO was not any better than the standard leather/Alcantra in the QF.

I also had a good look at the interiors of all and although I accept/agree that the plastic below the door cards is a bit cheaper looking/feeling than elsewhere inside the QF, the quality was only very slightly below the Audi and overall I couldn't see/feel much difference and certainly not worthy of the supposed difference mentioned in most of the reviews! Seems to me that some journalists have just regurgitated comment from an early reviewer with an "axe to grind"!?

The longevity/operation of the German spec may be superior, so I'll bow to superior knowledge if this is the case, but my view was that £59k made the QF very good value.

And finally, I heard the QF (in Race mode) compared to the M3 and I'd probably choose the Alfa over the BMW for that alone!

·
Registered
224 Posts
I suspect that the base price of the M3 is for the manual version and that it probably has less kit on board.

·
Registered
7,553 Posts
1 - 20 of 78 Posts