Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a problem with the boot open warning, rear wiper and the tailgate push switch all of which I have traced back to 4 broken wires in the tailgate loom (including the thick heater wire). I’ve patched these up and everything seems to work now except I still get the boot open warning and the extra beep associated with it when I lock the car. Will this be the micro switch in the lock itself or something else?

·
Premium Member
1,133 Posts
Which wires did you fix?
I assume you fixed the white/orange (tailgate push switch), brown (heater), white/green and green/brown (wiper) but what about the white/gray wire which is for the micro switch to detect closed tailgate?

Alfa_Romeo_Mito_hatch opening.JPG

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi. Thank you for the reply. I’ve fixed the yellow/grey, yellow/orange, green/brown. The thick brown/yellow I’ve not connected yet but presume that’s for the rear demister. I’ve got 4 wires that seem intact (purple, green/white, yellow/green and yellow).

·
Premium Member
1,133 Posts
Ok it seems you have different wire colors than indicated in the workshop manual I have
The color coding in the attachment are the following
A: Light blue
B: White
C: Orange
G: Yellow
H: Grey
L: Blue
M: Brown
N: Black
R: Red
S: Pink
V: Green
Z: Violet
And a two letter description is just a combination of colors

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your help. I’ll take a more thorough look at it when it decides to stop raining on my days off!

·
Registered
47 Posts
I found that the white on the white / grey wire for the boot open warning was not very white on my 2012 1.4 8v. It is the very thin wire.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Nitram. The wire that I thought was yellow/ grey probably is white/ grey. Anyway, I’ve checked the wiring for continuity to the lock and all checks out. In fact, the first time I locked it it didn’t give the extra beep so I’m thinking the lock itself might be faulty (or rather the switch inside).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts