Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
37,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any suggestions? Mine is SNAFU and I need a replacement, but I’’m a bit miffed that the thing that is wrong with mine I’d that it needs a new non-replaceable battery.

Over to the AO massif...

·
Premium Member
45,018 Posts
Phillips Sonicare. What seems like a lifetime ago when I was in my late teens I worked for Boots, they sent me on a week-long product training course and the manufacturers who were there to teach us about their products so we could sell them gave us, for free, one of their top of the line models. So I got a Phillips Sonicare, an Oral-B whatever, another electric toothbrush from some other brand, plus the same for shavers, hairdryers, straighteners, hair clippers, all sorts. A car boot full of free electricals. We had to use them or return them, and we had to bring them into work if asked for upto a year (so we couldn't just flog them on). I thought the Phillips Sonicare was easily the best toothbrush, so it'd be my choice. Mine still works too, must be getting on for 15 years old now. And you can buy knock-off chinese heads for them these days for very little money too.

·
Super Moderator
44,766 Posts
I'd go for Philips too. The Oral B ones all have a hole half way up the head. I don't know what that hole is supposed to achieve, but what it actually achieves is the ability to hold water and gunk from brushing, and go manky.

To be fair, it's probably not that big a deal for an adult who keeps it clean. But the muck I cleared out of my daughters when I realised this nearly made me gag (and did make me throw it away and get her a Philips one instead).

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
I'd go with whatever Oral B is on offer at Boots or similar - the Sonicare ones are good, but the replacement heads are 3x the cost of the Oral B jobbies.

I've seen the knock-off heads for both the Oral B and Sonicare, but don't rate them.

·
Premium Member
45,018 Posts
I've strained me elbow playing badminton, so unless I can get something to hold the brush still while I move my head around it will have to be elektrickery.
Can't you do it with both hands?

·
Registered
44,669 Posts
Oral B here, had mine about 18 months and still going strong! One charge lasts about 5 or 6 days, mornings and evenings. :D The heads are silly money for what they are but the dentist loves them. Got a compliment on my brushing skills last visit, doesn't happen often! :rotate:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts