Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My windscreen washer bottle's leaking and I thought I'd pull it out and seal the leak up with silicon sealant........

Huh

Wash bottle under expansion tank.... fine..... rip out expansion tank, no big deal........ but when I get to the windscreen wash bottle I can't get the pigging thing out!!! There are bulkheads to the front, rear and right of the bottle and it fills up the entire wing on the left (looking from the front of the car).

The wash bottle is shaped fo fill the available space which is great but after 1 hour of shoving, pulling and rotating, all I have is scraped knuckles and no more feeling in my left shoulder.

How, short of pulling off the whole front left wing, do I get that ¥´©??? wash bottle out of there?

Cheers lads...... off to have a tetanus shot now.

Amir "no more skin" Isa

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Think it has to come out from under the car or by removing the wheel arch liner.....someone else should be able to confirm or say I'm talking rubbish :D

wrinx

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Errr....

I don't think so wrinx mate..... it's got mounting lugs which go on TOP of some of them bulkheads. If anything it's going to be even more difficult to get the beggar out from underneath. If anything It's going to have to be by pulling the wing off.

Even Citroen never did anything like this........

:mad:

Amir

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, sorry, couldnt picture what it looked like, half of its on the inner wheel arch :(

Best of luck eek! eek! :rolleyes:

wrinx

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Any ideas??

Anybody??

Will consider anything short of "can opener" or "oxy-acetylene" cutter type solutions.

Cheers

Amir

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just thinking about when I did the wifes Fiat Cinquecento. I had to remove the wheel arch liner, raise the bottle a bit at one end and then sort of twist it to get the lugs past the "bulkheads". Maybe the 155 is the same, the wash bottle is in a very similair position.

Marlon

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dayum,

Looks like I'll have to give that a try. It's not coming out the top, that's for sure.

Geesh

Amir

1 - 7 of 7 Posts