Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another 30p was added to the Severn Bridge toll on 1st Jan, making it a nice round £6 for a car to make the 1600 metre trip.

An absolute bargain. And it doesn't annoy me at all.

·
Banned
4,362 Posts
Not the only things to have snuck up in price while we've been enjoying our hols...

Cheeky gits have put 10p on the price of my bacon and tomato cob I have every day :cry:

And the Express have slid an extra crafty 5p on their rag ... Gits :(

·
Registered
4,970 Posts
How much is it to cross the Humber now?

And that's not an International Crossing!!
Humber Bridge is currently £3.00 each way. But.................

Chancellor George Osborne announced the tolls would be slashed to £1.50 for cars crossing the bridge, as part of his Autumn Statement to Parliament.:cheese::cheese: by April 2012

·
Registered
41,769 Posts
i dont mind paying severn bridge toll as we get free prescriptions and student tuition fees......yay:)

·
Registered
7,220 Posts
Another 30p was added to the Severn Bridge toll on 1st Jan, making it a nice round £6 for a car to make the 1600 metre trip.

An absolute bargain. And it doesn't annoy me at all.
They'd have to pay me more than that to go to Wales. Do you get it in cash or cheque?

·
Registered
28,482 Posts
Just the £6:00 to come into our lovely country, what a bargain, Eh Folks !!!!!........:lol:

Absolutely free to get back into England though, great idea to put the Toll Booths here in Wales, methinks........:D

·
Registered
11,521 Posts
Just the £6:00 to come into our lovely country, what a bargain, Eh Folks !!!!!........:lol:

Absolutely free to get back into England though, great idea to put the Toll Booths here in Wales, methinks........:D
I was going to ask, is it the same price either direction.

Sounds like they've got it the wrong way round to me:lol:

·
Registered
41,769 Posts
nah, deffo the right way round :cheese:

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
£6 is an absolute rip off and if I remember correctly, you get almost no discount for pre-paying with a tag. Plus the last two occasions I have crossed the (new) bridge, the queues at the tolls were horrendous.

To wind you all up even further - the bridge is actually owned and run by the French.

:cheese: :cheese:

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
£6.00 to enter one of the UK's best race track? Bargain;)

Travelling from the Midlands, we always go down the M50 but usually come back over the bridge & up the M5:D

·
Registered
37,872 Posts
We have Friends in Cardiff, and from here it is only a couple of miles extra to drive along to Gloucester, over the Severn there and then down the other side.

We then come back over the Bridge because it is free going back to England.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts