Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to have £500 burning a hole in my pocket from an ISA I have access to in 2 weeks when i'm 18.

Any suggestions on what I should do to the Bella with this spare cash?

·
Registered
170 Posts
put it aside for a rainy day as soon enough you will need belts, plugs and or suspension parts... not the most exciting thing really but could be worth while doing

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You thinking cosmetic or mechanical?
Cosmetic but nothing drastic like a bodykit.

Maybe some wheels and just a few things to have her looking nicer.

Badges for a start as they're completely faded.

Or maybe some GTA lights...

·
0 Posts
^^the above sounds like you are on the right lines :D - do you have orange repeaters? - changing them can be most effective (tenner off the 'bay)

Keep it NORM though :lol:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
^^the above sounds like you are on the right lines :D - do you have orange repeaters? - changing them can be most effective (tenner off the 'bay)

Keep it NORM though :lol:
Haha don't worry I will.

Yeah I was also thinking of the clear side repeaters. Are they a biatch to fit?

·
0 Posts
Easy enough with a bit of string :D - hook it under the repeater & slide toward the back

·
Registered
3,332 Posts
Induction kit & exhaust, get her breathing easier.
Alternatively be a sensible chap and put it into saving's for when you need to do the Cambelt etc etc etc. :lol:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Induction kit & exhaust, get her breathing easier.
Alternatively be a sensible chap and put it into saving's for when you need to do the Cambelt etc etc etc. :lol:
Is that what a true alfisti would do? :D

What sort of exhaust are you thinking? The alfa sports one?

·
Registered
65 Posts
A nice set of wheels could be hard to find for £500.00 including tyres
Not sure its worth getting it lowered on 15" wheels.. Would it look right ?? (if it has 15" wheels that is)
With £500 i think its best sticking to small things = side repeaters, colour coded bumper strips...

You could get it looking very clean, get any scratches, stone chips re-sprayed, wheel referb etc

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
A nice set of wheels could be hard to find for £500.00 including tyres
Not sure its worth getting it lowered on 15" wheels.. Would it look right ?? (if it has 15" wheels that is)
With £500 i think its best sticking to small things = side repeaters, colour coded bumper strips...

You could get it looking very clean, get any scratches, stone chips re-sprayed, wheel referb etc
It's on 16's as it's SP3.

Alloys really could do with a refurb to be fair. Colour coded bumper strips may be difficult as it's nuvola blue..

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
I'd get it remapped.
It won't set your trousers on fire, but it makes a noticible difference especially with low end torque.
The side repeaters are an easy five minute job to swap over and look good :cool:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts