Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
£500 ono anyone?

hi guys

i wanted to offer it the 145/6 fans first, so before it goes online and elsewhere, the first to come up wit £500 or close too, get a 145 Cloverleaf 2.0 TS.

I bought it just a few weeks ago, still haven't got the v5 back actually, and never did know what i was going to do with it if i'm honest, but it is mechanically great, engine, clutch, gearbox, suspension, steering, brakes (big drilled and grooved discs up front!) all spot on.

I drove it back 50miles after being stood for best part of 3 years, and it was very strong, quick and as usual very repsonsive, certainly nothing wrong with the important bits.

it has done about 90k, but the only faults i can find are a blowing exhaust, and possibly the AFM as the idle is a bit off, it drives spot on!

Typically for a red car, particularly a stood red car, it is nineteen different shades of rosso 130, but it may improve with a good compound and polish, i haven't tried, but it didn't really bother me as i considered painting the whole car myself anyway to eliminate the small body faults i'll now describe.

there is no rust anywhere, all seem really nice and solid, but there is a crease to the rear nearside corner, a good rub mark on the nearside wing, and a funny sort of dent, about 5p sized on the bonnet, but as you can see these are not rusty at all, in fact appear to be in galvanised sections, so should be an easy and cheap diy repair if they bother you that much.

interior is just grubby, and with a valet should be really really nice, although i can see a small patch of what looks like chewing gum on both drivers and passenger front seat bases, not serious and again should be quite improveable.

as a cloverleaf, it is sporty adjustable seats, sunroof, leccy windows/mirrors etc, all working fine if a little slow, improving all the time.

i have spotted that there is one wheel bolt broke, havent had chance to look at it yet but it drove home at motorway speeds, and err, a bit more, wiothout any issue whatsoever so nothing is threatening to detach itself or work lose, but i will have a look at it if i can, and should have a spare somehwere i can repalce it with.

as a stood car there is no tax or mot, but i don't mind putting it through an mot for the full asking price of £500, i would be very surprised if it failed or was advised on anything other than what i already know about, the blowing exhaust and the wheel bolt, as i said, the drive home with it was fantastic, no issues whatsoever.

if you want to know/see any more, i will be available most of next week at the workshop where the car is, so can get more pictures etc of it, or meet you therte for view/test.

treat yourself to a winter runaround, fancy a fast track car perhaps, or just diy improve it very cheaply and grab a bargain, £500 with an mot, or offers of less without mot,

who could say no to that????

DSC_0446.jpg

DSC_0451.jpg

DSC_0453.jpg

DSC_0449.jpg

shrew

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
and the interior, and honest but not so good bits...

DSC_0454.jpg

DSC_0447.jpg

DSC_0450.jpg

DSC_0452.jpg

cheers

shrew

happy christmas....

·
Registered
13,233 Posts
My 1.8 was £505. It's a crying shame they're not worth anything...

Only lack of space and the patience (not!) of the Younger Mrs S. prevents me from having a "spare".. for my other 4 Alfas.. :eek:

Ralf S.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you'd think someone would like a spare cheapy just for winter, keep the pride and joy nice and clean,

then tidy it up in spring, double the value easily!

no imagination these days..... :rolleyes:

ha ha!

shrew

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ralf - yeah i considered using it as a practice for spraying to get my eye in for the 33, thought about red again for ease, but black roof and accents, including my black TSW imola's, sound interesting?

duemila - £500 is including an MOT

kev bassett - thanks, i'm partial to chocolate around christmas time, selection box is it?

and Keithy, yeah that sort of threat does kerb the spending a tad, but the bonus is you can only lose them once, i just keep on spending now!

·
Premium Member
2,634 Posts
So the blowing exhaust didnt fail the MOT. With an MOT Its a steal of a run around, good luck. I bought a similar a car for spares but some pikeys stole mine and i guess crushed it for 100 quid.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi keithy, yes mate it is.

i thought the thread had gone quiet, everyone tight after chrimbo and all that so just got started with it and thought i'd classified/pistonhead/gumtree etc etc with it later.

i ramped it on Monday to give it a once over, and didn't find anything new really, just that the tyres are cracked from their standing period no doubt, so i put my TSW's from my 33 stock on it for the sake of MOT because they're all brand new, and i've got a brand new stainless back box to graft on to it to because i already know that the original one is in bits!

So i stuck it in for MOT on Tuesday, and they failed it on In-efficient rear brakes and poor handbrake, (lazy calipers, now stripped, cleaned, regreased and sorted), the leaking exhaust (as above, stainless box sourced, just need to fit it) but they did also find 3 short sections of brake pipe that were too corroded to get an advisory, so i'm going to be sourcing some pipe and a flaring kit as soon as i can, and replace them too.

thats it, not too bad really after being stood for over 3 years i thought!

So before long, it will be in an MOT'able condition, and i'll get it retested and done.

However, i can't sell it for £500 with my TSW's on, so the original Cloverleaf alloys will be re-fitted, but they do need tyres, pronto, which is a biatch, because i just sold 4 x 195/50/15 before christmas for about £40, damn!!

So it will have new rear exhaust section, new brake pipes (1 is to the nearside rear caliper, 2 are up behind the rear brake bias valve which is why i missed them, but they are all very short sections, probably about a tenners worth of bits!) an MOT, but need tyres,

TBH, the more i drive it, the more i like it, i should have had one sooner! ha ha!

and i have to say, its starting to look pretty mean too, the black TSW's really really suit it.......

are you interested Keith?

shrew

1 - 15 of 15 Posts