Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Naming no names here but a dealer offered me £4000 part ex for my GTA today :lol:

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
'I tell you what you have my GTA for £4000 and then sell it for £9000 whilst I give you a further £10,000 for the other car I will buy off you...what a deal!!!' is what I should have replied. What I actually replied is a very manly 'nah it's alright mate' :lol:

·
Registered
30,019 Posts
what year?

Remember a "Trade In" price will be well under the sale price.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
what year?

Remember a "Trade In" price will be well under the sale price.

Yes but £4000 is a tad too low I'm thinking considering they can then possibly make another £5000 on top of that selling it with a warranty etc. They do take the Michael sometimes

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
:cheese: thats a joke I hope you told them so too!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Trade in price?
I was thinking about £6500-£7000 at least as they are becoming rarer than chickens teeth. Just four on Autotrader!! I'm not going to part ex it anyhow but just thought I'd ask out of curiosity

·
Registered
30,019 Posts
Parkers currently have £4400-£4900 trade-in for a 2004 147GTA depending if it is a "53", "04" or "54" reg.

So £4000 is on the low side, but if that was their first offer it could probably have been talked up a bit.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I've part exed my last four cars with dealers purely because it's easy, however I would never part ex my GTA, the trade will never factor the rarity value. It would be a private sale to someone that would appreciate the time and effort involved in keeping a car like a GTA in perfect working order. Not that I ever plan to sell mine. In a couple of years I want to dry store it and find something else to start on.

·
Registered
685 Posts
A few months ago I was looking at an Astra VXR (I just wanted to see if they were as lairy as all the press say they are - honest!!), I enguired about trade in of my car and they said they wouldn't take it because "people just aren't buying big engines anymore", firstly the bloke thought it was a 2.0 litre!!:lol: - You should be chuffed with £4k :p

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
Sounds like a normal PX price. Last time I enquired about PX on an Alfa at am Alfa dealer I laughed, and they weren't willing to budge on their OTT price for the car I was looking at buying. No wonder they went under.

·
Administrator
45,165 Posts
Parkers are notoriously inaccurate on anything which is low volume, so I wouldn't take their figure as suggesting that it's not too far off.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts