Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now, I've only just got my alfa and I didnt think it would be cheap, but £380 to change the right hand side wing mirror (inc body)!!! Wow

My own fault unfortunately, hit a pillar reversing out as someone had parked too close (in a space that wasn't a marked bay!) I paid too much attention to his car and not the pillar on the other side!

Anyway, does £380 sound about right considering that I've got heated electric seats? I'm told the winter pack is a factor in the price somehow...

thanks all
Happy motoring

P.S. it's saying something that I'm not more annoyed, love the alfa so much I'll pay the £380 to get her looking good again!

N

·
0 Posts
Winter pack = heated mirrors.

And they need spraying too, remember.

Still eye watering though. :cry:

You do know they fold, right? ;)

·
Registered
11,159 Posts
2yrs ago I had my drivers side mirror wiped out on my last car ( Focus ) it was electric/heated and with the colour coded back moulding replacement cost was ........£148.00 inc fitting, but wierdly not the moulding being painted ?????!!!! that was an extra £80 at local Ford dealer. If £380 is all in and finished that's not too bad I suppose

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea its all in. oh well..

Yes I know they fold (took me a week to realise to be fair!) but I was using them to reverse out the spot... Might have had better luck not using them!

N

·
0 Posts
yea its all in. oh well..

Yes I know they fold (took me a week to realise to be fair!) but I was using them to reverse out the spot... Might have had better luck not using them!
We all do it dude.

I striped the front bumper of the 159 5 days after
picking it up. :eek::eek::eek: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
636 Posts
When my mirror failued I bought a second hand working one for £70 and swapped the casing because the colour didn't match.

Nice easy job but you may break the glass and I would recommend using a heat gun or a hair dryer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts