Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I buckled a wheel on my GT on a pretty nasty pot hole this week. Called the Alfa Dealer and was quoted £351 for 1 new wheel, and that's not even fitted! All are slightly scuffed so I might buy a nice new shiny set. So, who knows where to get the best deals on 4 new 17" alloys without tyres?:mad:

·
Registered
12,881 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
iainfm is quite correct, councils even have a budget for just this sort of thing. take some photos of pothole and your car, get a report from any vat registered garage stating what caused the damage and send them a letter. stick with it and you will get the money, just don't take any crap from those job worths ........good luck.

·
Banned
9,721 Posts
iainfm is quite correct, councils even have a budget for just this sort of thing. take some photos of pothole and your car, get a report from any vat registered garage stating what caused the damage and send them a letter. stick with it and you will get the money, just don't take any crap from those job worths ........good luck.
I've done that before and had the money within a week from Taunton Deane council. The law is though that if the hole is deep enough then it must be examined within 24 hours and repaired within 3 days, failure to do so means you can sue the behind off them for all sort of damage to your car... it must have blown the shocks too...hint hint.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Memory not what it was , but i think I read that in the last financial year , Highways Agency compensation payouts for damage caused by poorly maintained roads overtook the yearly road maintenance budget..
Not very helpfull , I know , but something to ponder.;)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: £351 For 1 Wheel!

I am off that age group that still believes in the JFK saying "think not what your country can do for you , but what you can do for your country". Everyone both rich and poor contribute to the central pot and that pot will never be big enough to satisfy everyone's demands. Robbing from the pot just makes the situation worse I'm afraid.

Not trying to rubbish anyone's views but just trying to make the point.

Still need 1 17" wheel for GT 3.2 please.

Tony

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
saintetienne
agree they look the same but Alfa dealer won't confimr unless I give them your chassis no!

I might just take a chance and buy 1 from you anyway.How much did you want?
Tony

1 - 9 of 9 Posts