Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on eBay:

ALFA 916 SPIDER V6 3.0 GTV CONRERO CHALLENGE NUMBER 5 OF 5 COLLECTORS CAR £29,995

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It seems so. This is the link

It sounds nice but maybe not £30k nice!

just some of the spec from factory was :-

Utilising the famous Busso V6 this one has been reworked by Conrero to produce a staggering 280Bhp
Quad exhausts with bumper heat shields
Uprated Adjustable koni suspension
Body built in Milano by Zagato
Brembo brakes using 2 Piece bell and rotor discs
Full Conrero bodykit and spoiler
Lightweight Wheels With stud and nut conversion
3 tone red black and white interior with yellow clocks
limited vehicle specific number mark which is embossed on the centre console and engine
Aluminum pedals
Uprated anti roll bars
Yellow conrero cam covers
Uprated cams ,Ecu map and throttle body by Conrero
Red interior ,carpets ,handbrake and gear gaiters with white door leather .
conrero embossed bodykit,engine bay, and rear spoiler

·
Registered
36 Posts
Don't like the bodykit especially rear bumper and exhausts eek and how they managed to get 60bhp extra from the busso engine that would be interesting to know.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Never heard of these. The body kit spoils it for me, a bit too much. Will be interesting to see what happens to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
381 Posts
That photo of the conrero challenge logo on the side looks a right bodge ... don't want to put anyone's motor down as they only have to look at the state of mine but I bet in the flesh that reveals some ill fitting body kit etc...

·
Registered
3,437 Posts
Hes asking a silly price.....yes can even be bothered to clean it before taking his out of focus snaps!! The close ups of the paint point to a car that needs a lots of work....not a car in concours condition which might help justify the stratospheric price a little!!

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hes asking a silly price.....yes can even be bothered to clean it before taking his out of focus snaps!! The close ups of the paint point to a car that needs a lots of work....not a car in concours condition which might help justify the stratospheric price a little!!
To be fair, it is described as a track day car rather than something to show.
You could buy a Cup, though, for £12k and spend £10k on a supercharger and uprated suspension etc. from Autodelta and get something more desirable.

·
Registered
135 Posts
To be fair, it is described as a track day car rather than something to show.
You could buy a Cup, though, for £12k and spend £10k on a supercharger and uprated suspension etc. from Autodelta and get something more desirable.
There was an Autodelta one on Autotrader for ages, in at around £16k, and that looked pretty good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
45,161 Posts
So can anyone fit a shonky bodykit and then declare their car a limited edition?

Those exhaust exits look a bit of a mess.

·
Administrator
45,161 Posts
Also "Conrero and Alfa Romeo built a special 916GTV in order to win the Alfa Romeo GTV CUP "

It seems unlikely that Alfa would make the effort to build a special edition to win a one model racing series which only their cars are in, so they will definitely win anyway.

I strongly suspect that Alfa had 0% to do with this 'special edition'. It's just a (little known as far as I can tell) bodykit manufacturer trying it on.

·
Administrator
45,161 Posts

·
Registered
4,298 Posts
It's a bit of an esoteric "special edition". Feels a bit like me advertising our 159 SW as "the only Ti SW in the world with a boot liner made out of German Shepherd fur". It would be true, it is an extremely rare special edition, but that doesn't warrant a silyl price. And yes, that rear bumper is gopping. As are the sides.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Still wanna know how they claim they got 60bhp extra from 3.0. Exhaust 5-10bhp uprated cams probably around 20bhp unless its had internal work pistons conrods etc i can only see about 30bhp

1 - 17 of 17 Posts