Alfa Romeo Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
7,479 Posts
Fine...it's up to you if you stick to the rules or not......you must be related to my neighbours who at this very moment have their elderly inlaws round....AGAIN!
The current rules allow you to:
1) If you live in England you can travel to any part of England but not cross the border into Scotland or Wales.
2) You can meet one other person that is not in your family group so long as you meet them outside and not in that persons property.
3) in so doing you maintain the social distancing rule which is currently 2 metres.

Under these current rules it would seem perfectly acceptable to meet up on a one to one person basis anywhere within the territorial borders of England and both discuss and view a car so long as the social distances rules are met.

You seem to be plastering other threads with the same inaccurate and misleading information, and quite frankly it is a bit irritating. It's not adding anything and if you don't know the current rules then best not to say anything.

·
Registered
4,107 Posts
No you are wrong...listed below are the only reasons you can travel...taken from the 22 May updated gov website. Sure you can travel as far as you want....but only to visit a single friend or relative and not at their property. I don't think a bloke selling a car comes into that category....and meeting somewhere other than the cars registered address is never recommended. But since it seems to upset you you so much much and you would rather stick to your own interpretation I won't post referring to covid19 again!

1.2 I don’t have to stay at home anymore?
You should stay at home as much as possible. The reasons you may leave home include:
  • for work, where you cannot work from home
  • going to shops that are permitted to be open - to get things like food and medicine
  • to exercise or spend time outdoors
  • any medical need, including to donate blood, avoid injury or illness, escape risk of harm, or to provide care or to help a vulnerable person
  • These reasons are exceptions and a fuller list is set out in the regulations. Even when doing these activities, you should be minimising time spent away from the home and ensuring that you are two metres apart from anyone outside of your household.

·
Premium Member
2,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Relax Chaps! I am not going anywhere or meeting anyone until we can acceptably meet eventually. Just because the lock down is lifted later, the virus won't follow the "rules of engagement". We need to remain safe and vigilant, lockdown/rules or not. Can we leave this thread at this please, on this particular tangential topic?

·
Registered
5,572 Posts
If Cummings can drive to Durham with his wife both with symptoms, then MG can have people go see his car with impunity.

·
Registered
150 Posts
And as adults we can all, I assume, read and write. No need to inform people on this thread or any other what their "responsibilities" are.

MG that itch that you talk of, think I might be catching it!

·
Premium Member
2,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Tell us about the quad you’ve got your eye on MG.
There are a couple. One nearly new Vesuvio Grey car used by the dealer principle I reserved well before the lock down but did not get a chance to go view and test drive as it was 160 miles away, work commitments did not permit. The other is stock that FCA have currently, it is black which is not my first choice, I do not like black so may need to consider wrapping it. They also have Comp Red or Trofeo white which have far too many options like HK audio, adaptive cruise etc. and those bump up the price way too much plus I don't want those options. Although Comp Red looks great in certain light, it looks too close to dark red cars I have owned previously so I fancy a change. Also, Comp red is the most common. I have always gone uncommon since a kid. More details once I actually know when and how I can get it. So, sometime in June I feel.

·
Premium Member
2,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #28

·
Premium Member
2,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
:ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO: There are 1 or 2 good ones though. Guess I have been lucky.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Would you mind sending me the details of the comp red car / dealer etc. assuming it’s of no interest to you? cheers

21 - 31 of 31 Posts