New West Midlands Reps Required - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
West Midlands All events and potential meets in West Midlands

27Likes

(Post Link) post #1 of 41 Old 26-11-15 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

County: West Midlands
New West Midlands Reps Required

To all the people who have supported the AOWM Meet over the last few years a massive Thank You.

We do feel that the private room provided (free of charge) and the food laid on by The Fountain make for a far superior and more attractive meeting venue and it would be such a shame to lose it but without numbers attending we could just end up doing exactly that!

There are a few stalwarts who come from far and wide, who can be relied upon and we are most grateful to them for putting in the effort.

However both Evel and I have become quite disillusioned with both AlfaOwner.com and the West Midlands meet at The Fountain in Clent.

Evel has been an Area Rep and organiser of the AOWM meet from the start some 7 years ago whilst although I have been a regular attender I have only been an Area Rep for the last 4 years
We both feel that the time has come for us to stand aside and allow some fresh blood to revitalise the whole area

If you are interested and would be willing to become an Area Rep for the West Midlands then please get in touch with us to discuss it further.

Regards Paul and Les

Attendee at AOWM, SWARM, AOEM, AOSW, AOEA, AOSC, AONW, AONational and AOInternational Events [/CENTER]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Gold Member

Member car:

alph a ramayo

I'd like to Thank everyone who has attended over the years and made the meet a brilliant place to be. I've made some new friends and had a good laugh.

I'm sorry folks but all my enthusiasm has gone.

But I feel its time for some new folks to organise stuff and maybe move it to a new central area to get it going again

The Fountain have been brilliant to us giving us a free room and grub and a big Thankyou to them ,but even this hasn't kept up attendance.
Aubrey and MrShusky like this.
(Post Link) post #3 of 41 Old 27-11-15 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Hi All, to fill you in with the latest news…

Evel has asked to be ‘Un Repped’ and this has been carried out without question
Actioned by ‘classicgal93’ and ‘David P’

I have received ‘private message’ from ‘Nige005’ requesting that I amend my posts
i.e. to remove the line…

However both Evel and I have become quite disillusioned with both AlfaOwner.com and the West Midlands meet at The Fountain in Clent

Which I have refused to do as it is a statement of fact about how we both feel!

I have now also stepped down as a rep so there will not be any meets in 2016 unless somebody would like to step up and take over as West Midlands Reps!
Once again many thanks for your support throughout my spell as one of your Area Reps, if only Senior Reps were as supportive!
Aubrey, EVEL and Danman like this.
AO Member

Garage

Member car:

mito qv

sad to see you both leave,, Andrea and I will attempt to put the odd meet together at the goldthorne hotel if theres enough interest?.
Work hasn't allowed me to come to the fountain for a while due to the rolling shift pattern..
I don't wish to become a Rep but if someone does take it on im happy to help with arranging meets etc..
(Post Link) post #5 of 41 Old 01-12-15 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Hi Lee

Many thanks for your kind comments, I wish you well with everything you organise at the hotel, we will support when we can
Global Mod Team

County: Dumfries and Galloway
Garage
I'm really sorry to come here and read this, honestly I am It's sad to see that the support for meets has gradually dwindled away. I can completely understand your frustration.

Whilst it might not be my place I'd like to say a public thanks for what both of you have achieved in your time as Reps and I certainly appreciate the effort put in - it's not an easy task, but it is worth it when you get the public support

Don't rush away though, maybe after Christmas you'll feel more like tackling meets again.

Cheers, guys
EVEL and MrShusky like this.

Seen an offensive/spam post? Report it! Click the or button next to the post.
AO Rules - AO Gallery - AO Classified adverts - AO Club - AO Traders
The-Cutest-of-the-BORED No 5 The BORED Collective

147 1.6 Turismo 916 Spider P1 Lusso & Giulietta Lusso 1.6 JTDM

Last edited by paintergirl; 02-12-15 at 07:16.
AO Member

County: Worcestershire
May I ask what the problem is with the meets ? Is it the usual lack of interest/ members attending etc then the organisers get fed up working hard for little rewards ??
AO Gold Member

Member car:

alph a ramayo

Something like that .

My enthusiasm for Repping has gone, I feel it needs some new blood , new ideas and possibly a new location for a monthly or bi monthly meet

Maybe if its moved to another part of the West Mids some new folks will attend
AO Member

Maybe you just need some help? I'm intending to pop along if meet is arranged in week. .
Maybe move it across to Marlbrook Pub in Catshill, sits in between M5 jct 4 and M42 jct 1 very easy access ( assuming pub would welcome us )
Maybe try bi monthly meets so they don't come round too quickly for some folk, and perhaps up anti to monthly meets in summer months?

Just a few ideas to throw in, forgive me if you've tried already

Last edited by Villans; 13-12-15 at 19:29.
AO Gold Member

Member car:

alph a ramayo

I'm afraid I'm not One of the Reps now so the balls out of my court, Les (MrShushky) is holding the fort for now.

We don't have a meet for December as it falls to close to Crimbo.

The Fountain is a cracking place for the meets as they accommodate us brilliantly ,giving us a room to ourselves and free grub. We also have a brilliant selection of models turning up from Guilia spider to new Spiders, GTA's even an SZ . But all this didn't seem enough to keep folks interested in coming.
Villans likes this.
(Post Link) post #11 of 41 Old 14-12-15 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

I'm afraid I'm not One of the Reps now so the balls out of my court, Les (MrShushky) is holding the fort for now.

Sorry, No longer a Rep any more!

Volunteers required.
Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 650
County: Leicestershire
Sorry to see you chaps ungreened but fully understand the frustration and lack of enthusiasm etc

Keep the faith guys
EVEL and MrShusky like this.
AO Member

I'm interested in finding out more and exactly what the requirements are.
I have the right pedigree for this sort of thing but would need to speak with everyone formerly involved first.
Thanks...
AO Gold Member

Member car:

alph a ramayo

It's basically organise events/meets and look after this lounge

If you organise something you must attend and preferably take some pics, post them up in the image lounge to help promote your meet and alfaowner.
Villans likes this.
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVEL View Post
It's basically organise events/meets and look after this lounge

If you organise something you must attend and preferably take some pics, post them up in the image lounge to help promote your meet and alfaowner.
Thank You Evel;

What night of the week did you meet at Clent ?

Did you keep it the same day of the week at every monthly meet ?

Did you organise " run outs" starting or finishing up at Clent ?

Was your only or main problem getting members to the meet ?

Sorry for all the questions but to keep this going and carry on your good work need to have the full picture...

Thanks...
AO Gold Member

Member car:

alph a ramayo

We met the 4th Wednesday of every month at the Fountain.

Yes we kept it the same day as to fit in with The Fountain so they knew to keep the room free for us.

No we didn't do any run outs at the monthly meet but we did have a couple that ended with a Punic somewhere.

Numbers did dwindle , even trying new things didn't seem to bring folks back . Les tried organising another picnic but that didn't get much interest this year, they have been successful in past years.

I used to organise a go kart evening which was successful but was a big ball ache as it needed a deposit off folks and not everyone was forth coming so had to front some of it myself.

Hope this helps
Villans likes this.
(Post Link) post #17 of 41 Old 15-12-15 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

As Evel says ^

We have had in excess of thirty cars (50 people) at its height, but this last year has been difficult to get people to attend (as few as 6 cars and 8 people)
The Fountain can not carry on giving freebies unless they are receiving money over the bar!

I believe that other forms of social media have taken over from AO as peoples first line of communication and this has led to a slow demise of AO Meets

If you do decide to take up the role of Rep for the region The Shusky's will support you

The problem with run outs is it's a 'school night' meet and people come from work etc. so we kept things simple
Villans likes this.
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrShusky View Post
As Evel says ^

We have had in excess of thirty cars (50 people) at its height, but this last year has been difficult to get people to attend (as few as 6 cars and 8 people)
The Fountain can not carry on giving freebies unless they are receiving money over the bar!

I believe that other forms of social media have taken over from AO as peoples first line of communication and this has led to a slow demise of AO Meets

If you do decide to take up the role of Rep for the region The Shusky's will support you

The problem with run outs is it's a 'school night' meet and people come from work etc. so we kept things simple
Thank you for all the info...

I don't like run outs if I honest, maybe the odd one or two in summer - but some people love them..

People might not take too kindly to a " newbie" organising evenings etc, but if nobody comes forward by New Years Day ill look into taking it on ( and doing a bloody good job ) just like you chaps have.

I'll think about best way forward, but a blank canvass and start a fresh might rejuvenate folk with new ideas etc.

Where do I get a copy of any rules/ regulations etc ?

Thanks
Best Regards Villans.
AO Gold Member

Member car:

alph a ramayo

DavidP is probably the best man to speak to about Rep regulations DavidP

The site rules are Here

Any other questions just ask Les & I will do our best to answer them and help you on your way.
MrShusky and Villans like this.
AO Member

Hope you feel able to take this on Villans. I've been along to The Fountain, but being self-employed this can often be difficult if I'm the other end of the country.

Happy to help publicise via Twitter, there's a fair few Alfisti I chat to on there. Will also committ bring to bringing a couple of other bodies along if you manage to keep it up - though might be in the Jag rather than the GTV until it's had its makeover.
Villans likes this.
AO Member

Thumbs Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHagleyChippy View Post
Hope you feel able to take this on Villans. I've been along to The Fountain, but being self-employed this can often be difficult if I'm the other end of the country.

Happy to help publicise via Twitter, there's a fair few Alfisti I chat to on there. Will also committ bring to bringing a couple of other bodies along if you manage to keep it up - though might be in the Jag rather than the GTV until it's had its makeover.
Thanks for the reply...

Just needs thought really, best way forward etc .

Improvements would be made with the use of Social Media Facebook/Twitter etc. I do this every day for a job so easy fix.

Although this site/Forum is a particulary very good one, with a wealth of information, in terms of communication its not as user friendly as a dedicated " Super Fast" Page for AOWM on FB.

The Fountain - I know it well, just a question of whether to keep the same venue, especially with a room and food availability or move on to a new venue and start with a clean slate. Loyalty is a big thing with me, and if the Fountain have been good to you when numbers are low in attendence, its only fair they should reap the rewards when numbers are high again... Do people love the venue or prefer an alternative ?

Two Venues ? - Changed monthly, to cater for the wider area of the West Midlands. So a Bi Monthly meet at clent, and a Bi Monthly meet somewhere else - Solihull ? ( First name that popped into my head)

Summer Run out ? - Mid summers eve run out locally to i.e. Bewdley, by the River, Fish n Chip Supper - Easy to do, nice setting.

Lots of things can be done, enthusiasm is the key and one thing is for sure you will never please everyone all the time, no matter how hard you try!
Evoxer and TheHagleyChippy like this.
AO Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Villans View Post
Thanks for the reply...

Just needs thought really, best way forward etc .

Improvements would be made with the use of Social Media Facebook/Twitter etc. I do this every day for a job so easy fix.

Although this site/Forum is a particulary very good one, with a wealth of information, in terms of communication its not as user friendly as a dedicated " Super Fast" Page for AOWM on FB.

The Fountain - I know it well, just a question of whether to keep the same venue, especially with a room and food availability or move on to a new venue and start with a clean slate. Loyalty is a big thing with me, and if the Fountain have been good to you when numbers are low in attendence, its only fair they should reap the rewards when numbers are high again... Do people love the venue or prefer an alternative ?

Two Venues ? - Changed monthly, to cater for the wider area of the West Midlands. So a Bi Monthly meet at clent, and a Bi Monthly meet somewhere else - Solihull ? ( First name that popped into my head)

Summer Run out ? - Mid summers eve run out locally to i.e. Bewdley, by the River, Fish n Chip Supper - Easy to do, nice setting.

Lots of things can be done, enthusiasm is the key and one thing is for sure you will never please everyone all the time, no matter how hard you try!
This all sounds great - I really do hope we can get it moving again as I sadly felt that I was only just starting to get to know people etc as it ended. I cant promise to be at every one - work has me in London a lot - but promise to attend when I can! Might even get the wife back too
AO Member

Garage

Member car:

mito qv

we did a few meets at my wifes hotel in Wolverhampton on the penn road and im sure we would be able to help out in some way with maybe a quarterly meet there or a one off,,we will attempt to come to more meets this year .Les and Paul did a cracking job and it would be ashame to lose everything they built up..
Villans likes this.
AO Member

Hello Again...

OK , I've had a good think and happy to give this a go into 2016 as Evel and Mr Shusky wish to take a back seat and have what seems a well earned rest.

I will use the Christmas break to put things together, make good sense of it all, change a few things, keep some things, bring in some new ideas.

The first " Official Gathering" would commence in February although I would welcome an unofficial get together with the previous organisers in January to put forward my plan.

It will be a plan, a good one, full of enthusiasm but based on vast experience of doing this sought of thing over many years.

LeeMids thanks for your offer and you will be in " the plan" revealed in Jan.

I will get a schedule put together for 2016 with "Gatherings" listed two months in advance so everyone knows where they stand.

You'll notice i use the word Gatherings that's because im not keen on Clubs and dislike Committees immensely - trust me it always gets political and ends in tears.

For me it has to be about the cars and the people. Keeping it simple, free and enjoyable...

So if you'd like me to give it a go I'm happy to do so on a six month trial to see if you like me and I like you, and if after six months either if us feel its not improved we can part as friends and stand aside for someone else to take over.

Fair enough ?

Thanks
Best Regards Alan.
AO Gold Member

Member car:

alph a ramayo

You sound just the man for the Job , do you want me to contact the powers that be and get you turned green, that way you'll have admin power for running the this lounge and sorting stuff out and access to the 'staff room' and get lots of help in there too.

Or if you can contact DavidP and he'll get you sorted.

I have some flyers and stickers you can have too .
Villans likes this.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Alfa Romeo Club Events > Alfa Romeo Meets & Events > West Midlands

Tags
midlands , reps , required , west

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page